Main Menu

Rebellion now own the Bitmap Brothers IP

Started by GrudgeJohnDeed, 26 November, 2019, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrudgeJohnDeed

https://rebellion.com/rebellion-acquires-the-bitmap-brothers-brand-and-portfolio/

I wasn't expecting that! With a suitably 90s britsoft pic of the lads, to boot. I'm glad Rebellion have got it, but I hope they do something with it!

What would you like to see come back, if they're snapping up neglected British videogame IP? I'd kill for a modern Cannon Fodder myself! I'd also ask Rockstar if they're arsed about Body Harvest..

Rately

Fantastic.

An updated Speedball? Many a happy hour was spent on the Master System playing that.

If they got Sensible Software IPs, would love a new SWOS.

CalHab

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 26 November, 2019, 12:23:52 AM
What would you like to see come back, if they're snapping up neglected British videogame IP?

Anything by Sensible Software would be good.

Or Midwinter and some of the other Mike Singleton games?

wedgeski

Codemasters owns Sensisoft I think.

<wikipedia hum>

Yup.

Steve Green

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 26 November, 2019, 12:23:52 AM
https://rebellion.com/rebellion-acquires-the-bitmap-brothers-brand-and-portfolio/

I wasn't expecting that! With a suitably 90s britsoft pic of the lads, to boot. I'm glad Rebellion have got it, but I hope they do something with it!

What would you like to see come back, if they're snapping up neglected British videogame IP? I'd kill for a modern Cannon Fodder myself! I'd also ask Rockstar if they're arsed about Body Harvest..

God yes, even I had one of those kind of photoshoots...

IndigoPrime

Good to see decent people with such IP, although I wish they'd do some kind of quick 'n' dirty Battlezone for mobile (as in, a version of the original arcade game). I'm not fussed about most of the Bitmaps catalogue, but the first two Speedball games were pretty great.

As for other IP, who knows? Codemasters is never going to let Sensi's back catalogue go – I just can't see them selling. (People with iOS/tvOS devices, check out Sociable Soccer on Apple Arcade for Jon Hare's latest attempt to bring back SWOS.)

My own personal dream update is Stunt Car Racer, which is even less likely, frankly. (Most old IP has all kinds of rights issues. Bits and pieces are often sold off, and so although company X may own the rights to a game, company Y may own the soundtrack, and company Z the cab art, for example.)

DrJomster

Chaos Engine was my favourite! Loved that game. Good news indeed!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Funt Solo

Loved this era of games on my olde Amiga.

I liked everything about Speedball 2 except that my ability to play it sucked.

I got on much better with Cadaver, Gods and The Chaos Engine.  Great games (although the puzzles in Cadaver left me struggling).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Enigmatic Dr X

My go to team name, for anything from Fifa to a pub quiz, is and always shall be Brutal Deluxe.
Lock up your spoons!

moly

Would be great if the could do a collection for the new evercade handheld that's out next year