Main Menu

The Complete Ace Trucking Co.

Started by Ace Garp 1969, 25 September, 2008, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "Leigh Shepherd"Case Files 11 was in Brum Waterstones (next to Zavvi) this afternoon - no sign of the others elsewhere though. Shame they didnt change over with the colour Dredds to the 'new' design, but I suppose 10 is a rounder number than 11.

Nerdily, I was alarmed at the spine redesign. Though, in fairness- that's what it should've been all along. A much better looking package anyway.

Steev

paulvonscott

Hey there, an odd request, but as I don't have the book yet, could someone tell me how Princess Porkina was spelt (porcina?) and who her father was?

I need it very soon, so I'm hoping someone has the new book handy!

(if that story is in)

Many thanks!

Paul

Bad Andy

Just had a quick flick through - I don't think the story is in. I didn't see any mention of a princess.

paulvonscott

No worries, Andy I've blagged it from my terrible memory.

See the Art comp for why ;)

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: "radiator"I get the impression that future specific Dredd collections have been put on the back burner - there's hardly been any this year, and the only one thats forthcoming has just been postponed. I'm guessing this is because everything will eventually end up in the Case Files....

Is your cat really that colour radiator-and is he/she psychic ?! :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dan Kelly

PIcked this and Case Files 11 over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed.  As always Belardinelli's artwork is so rich in detail.

As for the case files, got as far as Revolution and have the distinct feeling that I'm getting into territory that I've never read before...  Excellent :)

radiator

I've had a look at the site database, but it doesn't seem to cover it, so can someone put me out of my misey....

I used to buy the Complete/Classic Judge Dredd reprint title. ISTR that Classic JD reprinted up to Oz before the magazine folded. However I don't remember any of the other material in Case Files 11 (The Raggedy Man, Revolution) running in Classic JD. I'm confused - did they skip a load of stuff and go straight to Oz?

IndigoPrime

At a certain point, Complete JD transformed into Classic JD, with the excuse that they didn't have all the old stuff to hand, or something, and would therefore be ditching the 'complete' aspect and only printing 'the best of'. Thankfully, the Case Files isn't making that mistake (although it would be good to see the annual/special stories show up in subsequent colour volumes).

Dan Kelly

Can anyone confirm a printing error at the start of Part 3 of Oz?

It reads like the two pages of the splash should be reversed...

ukdane

It does read as if the two pages have been reversed.

He approaches the west wall (page 1), and then is in town again (page 2), and is over the west wall again (page 3)
Cheers

-Daney

radiator

Strangely, Strontium Dog: The Kreeler Conspiracy has no number on the spine, and neglects to include The Sad Case story from Prog 2001. I'm quite curious to re-read Roadhouse, as I remember finding it so dull during its original run.

IndigoPrime

It's a bit of a weird collection, really, seeing as the Kreeler story is so at odds with all other Strontium Dog, like Wagner got bored with the reboot and therefore just carried on with 'normal' Stronty. No more Milton, etc.

TordelBack

Hurrah, Ace Trucking Co. arrived on shelves in Dublin today, and I am a happy, happy man - it's a very nice book.  I do wish W&G could occasioanlly be persuaded into writing an intro a-la-Mills, even just to say a few nice things about the poor Maestro, since this whole thing was so very much his baby.  

But to think that I have a collected version of Too Many Bams to read if I ever get out the office tonight...!

radiator

QuoteIt's a bit of a weird collection, really, seeing as the Kreeler story is so at odds with all other Strontium Dog, like Wagner got bored with the reboot and therefore just carried on with 'normal' Stronty. No more Milton, etc.

I for one wish he had just carried on with the reboot. I liked that it was the start of a new continuity and characters from old Stront could pop up in different roles/guises (like the singing alien pilot). Also the 'folk-tale' conceit sidestepped the whole death issue as well. I'll probably get lynched for this, but the other thing I liked about the reboot was that there was no Wulf. I don't like Wulf, never have, and much prefer Johnny Alpha when he's working alone or with a guest partner like Middenface or Red. Wulf just lends this camp quality to everything - I would have liked the series to go in a grittier, more mature direction, but instead we're now in a situation where the new Stront stories like the recent Glum Affair seem a little redundant.

I, Cosh

Got my Ace Trucking yesterday. It's great, isn't it? I'm going to be recommending it to everyone I know who has eyes.

With Case Files 11, that's a hefty dose of Thrill Power to get through.
We never really die.