Main Menu

So what ever happened to Stickleback???

Started by gameluvah, 25 June, 2018, 12:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Point. If he's lying then that would work for me.

The Adventurer

Also, still waiting for Second City Blues 2*

*not Bad City Blue

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 June, 2018, 08:51:38 AM
And don't get me started on Harry Kipling, Ampney Crucis, and Dead Signal!  Want. More. Dead. Signal.

And where's my Red Seas epilogue, while we're at it.  Too many loose threads left lying about the deck, most unseamanlike.

Now look what you've done, gameluvah, that's my morning gone off into cloud-cuckoo-land, dreaming of what might have been...

Isn't it around about now that somebody mentioned Dan Dare (with his cosmic claw)?

broodblik

Talking about Edginton, will we ever see the next chapter of Helium ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 26 June, 2018, 08:37:51 AM

In progress with Tiernan Trevallion on art duties, I believe. Very much looking forward to that.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

norton canes

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 June, 2018, 08:46:27 AM
Don't worry about it gameluvah, much like Halo Jones, Cabs Inc does have a satisfying ending, if not necessarily a conclusion, since it leaves many character fates open and sets up a new story.  But that's the nature of most stories (and reality itself)

Yeah, it finishes on the climactic battle with Ethan Kostabi and after that it's pretty much run its course. The only thing that did annoy me (and I started a thread to say so a few months ago) was that we don't find out if Hannah Chapter and Solomon Verse survive (though we are told they suffer some pretty gruesome injuries).

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: norton canes on 26 June, 2018, 09:54:11 AM
Yeah, it finishes on the climactic battle with Ethan Kostabi and after that it's pretty much run its course. The only thing that did annoy me (and I started a thread to say so a few months ago) was that we don't find out if Hannah Chapter and Solomon Verse survive (though we are told they suffer some pretty gruesome injuries).

It's Chapter and Verse's fate that feels really... off. Shunted off-panel with no real closure when they were the heart of the strip (Jonathon and Jenny aside) and the closest thing to audience-POV figures. Plus those last two pages set up a great story that never happened - an undead King-and-Country Victorian redcoat revenant sent as an assassin to kill Ravne's offspring? I wanted to read that, dammit!

To be honest I've found it hard to invest in any Rennie stories ever since - coming so soon after he walked away from all his ongoing Dredd subplots (not to mention The 86ers) I'm always wary of him losing interest again at the drop of a hat.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 June, 2018, 10:28:53 AM
To be honest I've found it hard to invest in any Rennie stories ever since - coming so soon after he walked away from all his ongoing Dredd subplots (not to mention The 86ers) I'm always wary of him losing interest again at the drop of a hat.

A little bird tells me you should keep an ear open for some small Cabs-related news before the end of the year.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 June, 2018, 08:50:21 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 26 June, 2018, 08:37:51 AM

In progress with Tiernan Trevallion on art duties, I believe. Very much looking forward to that.

Great, Tiernan Trevallion on art duty not a bad choice if mister D'Israeli is to busy with Scarlet Traces
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 June, 2018, 10:34:22 AMA little bird tells me you should keep an ear open for some small Cabs-related news before the end of the year.
Is it wrong that I'm now half expecting an announcement of a new series of Cabs by Rory McConville?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 June, 2018, 11:03:58 AM
Is it wrong that I'm now half expecting an announcement of a new series of Cabs by Rory McConville?

I've said too much...

(Retreats mysteriously into the shadows)

edgeworthy

If you want weird and obscure "Whatever happened to Vanguard?"

Richard

TordelBack