Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Playing the Resident Evil remake. This is a game that I've wanted to play for years but never got round to it.

The Switch port is a little pricey at $30, but still worth it imo.

wedgeski

My wife and I are absolutely nuts about Sky Force Reloaded. What a game! Takes me back to my youth.

Does anyone have any recommendations for co-op shooters in the same vein?

Colin YNWA

Well the Switch continues to be an eye opener and full of surprises. Or maybe its just that I've not played computer games in sooooo long that the simple variety of stuff out there continues to impress me.

The games I like does similar. After getting completely addicited to Yoku Island Express's pinball, platforms, puzzle(lite) mechanics (look at me using terms like mechanics when refering to games!) I next got pulled into Candle and puzzled my way through that.

Latest love of my gaming life is however possibly the best of all Abzu' s simple gameplay and glorious look and feel has me absolutely entranced. I could happily spend hours exploring the underwater worlds, if the simple puzzles and intriguing way it slowly allows you to build a story seems to effortless keep me moving on. Its this gentle combination of leisurely experience driven by a almost hidden desire to learn more about what I think is going on makes this possibly my favourite game to date...

... My kids seem to like playing a Celestial Elephant in Yono and I will be trying that next... or when I've had my second go through Abzu at least, which I'm looking forward to even when only 1/2 way through my first!

Keef Monkey

Pikuniku is a good fun oddball wee game, recommend highly! Not particularly long (3hrs-ish to do the main story I reckon) but there are lots of things to explore along the way if you want to take your time or jump back in and find the secrets. Really enjoyed it!

radiator

There's a giant Nintendo eShop sale going on right now if anyone is interested - loads of bargains to be had.

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 12 June, 2019, 06:13:52 PM
There's a giant Nintendo eShop sale going on right now if anyone is interested - loads of bargains to be had.

Jesus, that's a great sale.

Picked up Hollow Knight, Crypt of the NecroDancer and Layers of Fear for €20.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 June, 2019, 10:47:19 AM

Necrodancer is fun
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

JUst bought Paper Soilders from the sale for like 89p and that's some silly fun.

Anyway my main question is has anyone played both Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 or Lego DC Villians both at a good price in the sale and I'm wondering which to try as I've not played Lego game before and they seem kinda fun and good for the kids.

I was thinking DC as idea of creating and playing our own villian seemed kinda fun... but for some reason I keep going back to Marvel as my choice. Any wise words?

Colin YNWA

Oh and while I'm thinking in has anyone played either of the 'Holy Potatoes!' games? Both 'A Weapon Shop?!' and 'We're in Space?!' look emmense fun.

Timothy

I have not played the villains game, but the Lego Marvel one is good fun. Not groundbreaking, but solid enough and with lots of content. I picked it top in the last sale.

ming

We've finally joined the Switch party...  After a month-long research cruise with some marathon Mariokart sessions (onboard Wii-U) it became impossible to resist any longer. 

Mainly looking for cooperative games for the boys to play (and me, if I can get chance), so we've gone for Mariokart 8, Mario tennis and Mario Oddessy so far - plus Runner3 and Final Fantasy IX (will probably snag VII before long since I loved that to bits back in the day).

I guess Zelda is top of the list for the next game to get...

radiator

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 June, 2019, 10:47:19 AM

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Hollow Knight - its an almost universally hyped game, but I absolutely despised it!

Timothy

I'm enjoying it so far, but I am useless at the boss fights. As far as games of that type are concerned I enjoyed Guacamole 2 a lot more. I was just as shit at it, but it didn't take itself as seriously and there was more fun to be had as a result.

radiator

Quote from: Timothy on 24 June, 2019, 05:15:01 PM
I'm enjoying it so far, but I am useless at the boss fights. As far as games of that type are concerned I enjoyed Guacamole 2 a lot more. I was just as shit at it, but it didn't take itself as seriously and there was more fun to be had as a result.

With Hollow Knight it wasn't so much the difficulty in and of itself, it was that I felt a lot of the difficulty was somewhat contrived or artificial - eg the deliberate lack of save points or fast-travel, or even a decent map, and attendant grinding repetition and aimless wandering that stemmed from those things. I've never felt so much like a game was actively trying to waste my time.

I genuinely don't know what people get out of that game - it absolutely did my head in.

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 24 June, 2019, 04:34:34 PM
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Hollow Knight - its an almost universally hyped game, but I absolutely despised it!

Will be a while before I get round to it Rad, after a few days of pottering around with Red Dead Redemption 2 it's finally got the hooks in - and they're in pretty deep.