Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Glad you like it!  The detail Colin lavished on these early strips is really impressive (and the pages I have are pretty huge, around 38 x 56cm).  The thing I like best about his work is the fact that solid-looking tech and loose, free-flowing linework sit side by side so comfortably.  The shading under Dredd's elbow in that centre-left panel is just beautiful...

I may as well throw in a better pic of this Rogue page while I'm at it (apologies if I already posted this but I can't keep track of this thread these days):

SuperSurfer

Colin Wilson has been underused as a Dredd artist. Does a mean MC-1. Draws the best interskeds, skedways, underskeds, overskeds etc.

Skullmo

That Rogue page is stunning. I love the Wilson droid's early stuff, it really goes above and beyond the call of duty!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 July, 2013, 01:44:20 PM
That Rogue page is stunning. I love the Wilson droid's early stuff, it really goes above and beyond the call of duty!

I've run out of superlatives...

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 05 July, 2013, 12:27:18 PM
Glad you like it!  The detail Colin lavished on these early strips is really impressive (and the pages I have are pretty huge, around 38 x 56cm).  The thing I like best about his work is the fact that solid-looking tech and loose, free-flowing linework sit side by side so comfortably.  The shading under Dredd's elbow in that centre-left panel is just beautiful...

I may as well throw in a better pic of this Rogue page while I'm at it (apologies if I already posted this but I can't keep track of this thread these days):

Class ....

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Fatboydale

Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 June, 2013, 06:31:50 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 28 June, 2013, 06:23:13 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 28 June, 2013, 05:29:02 PM
Peel it off! Do it NOW!
Use steam to make it peel naturally! You have a duty to find out!

Not gonna do it ....

Right Brain Boxes who drew this ??? 2000 AD Annual 1980 "The Man Who Saved the World"

The Man who saved the world artist is looking like Alberto Juan Macagno , sort of helps Macagno wrote on the top in faint pencil ....

Fatboydale

Another Alan Moore story drawn by Joe Eckers ....

Jaime Ortiz

Nigel Dobbyn Written by Steve Dillion ..

Wake

Quote from: ming on 05 July, 2013, 12:27:18 PMI may as well throw in a better pic of this Rogue page while I'm at it (apologies if I already posted this but I can't keep track of this thread these days):

This is one of the reference pages I used when deciding on the dimensions for Temight Replicas biochips.

SMUDGE10

Maaaan- I'd forgotten how great Colin Wilson's early black and white art was. Simply stunning! I may need to go rummage through all those dusty progs....
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
― Christopher Hitchens

Spikes

Yep, Colin's earlier work is something else, isnt it. He was one of those artists that seemed to arrive fully formed, and certainly hit the ground running. Became an instant fan of Colin's work.
Jammy jammy Ming,  ;)

chiefy2shoes

I can't compete with all this fabulous stuff but here's some bits I picked up at The London Film & Comic Con this month. Check out the non-2000 ad thread for more great swag I got.

I picked up the finished Kev Hopgood commission. He explained that he did a rough pencil sketch, scanned it and digitally inked it. Printed it out and added a grey wash by hand. It's brilliant.

Chris Weston tries out a new pastel style on black paper.

Roger Langridge comes up trumps again with this awesome piece. Check out the small details like the sam shoulder eagle and the SP on piggy's badge.

Steve Baskerville was amazingly cranking out sketches like this for free!

This are from my camera phone and better scans will be put up on CAF.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=87116

Spikes

That Roger Langridge piece is superb. Loving the Kermit Tharg,  :thumbsup:

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Judge Jack on 07 July, 2013, 04:22:49 PM
That Roger Langridge piece is superb. Loving the Kermit Tharg,  :thumbsup:

Yeah you asolutely can't fault what Roger Langridge is doing there, its quite brilliant. Kermit as Tharg is gold!