Main Menu

FCBD Progs

Started by Judge Brian, 09 June, 2013, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Brian

Rebellion should post free downloads of the Free Comic Book Day progs. They weren't easy to find in the U.S.

Mattofthespurs

They were, and still are, very easy to find on eBay. From Comic shops. Whom are only charging for postage.
Posting them as free downloads defeats the object of the exercise somewhat, doesn't it?

Judge Brian

I wouldn't say it defeats the object of the exercise, the object is to get new readers.

Comic shops have to buy the free comics, they do so to promote their shops & comics in general. Most American shops don't carry 2000 AD, so they don't carry the free prog. Rebellion prints the free prog in hopes to gain new readers. Offering the free prog a month or so after FCBD would be a great promotion for both the prog & the collections.

COMMANDO FORCES

Part of this freebie is to get people into comic shops. If your comic shop doesn't get 2000 AD, then tell the owner to get it, or you can subscribe by the means of the www and have it delivered as a digital copy.

Bat King

Good job Molch-R has gone through a time-warp this weekend. I think he answered this twice, three times this year?

FCBD is entirely designed to get people in to Comic Shops. Yes it costs the shops money but the idea is to get more people going IN. This year was my son's first real FCBD outing and he is now hooked & buying comics. His fiance went too.

As Mr Burdis says. If they didm't have it in your local store this year talk to them & get them to get it next year. Meantime, Ebay should indeed be your friend.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Proudhuff

I missed the day at my local shop but did pick it up on ebay at 99p and its wellworth tracking down.

DDT did a job on me

Toni Scandella

Comixology has the FCBD Judge Dredd available for free download.

M.I.K.

All free stuff was apparently gone from Edinburgh Forbidden Planet within half an hour of them opening. People queuing up outside before the place was open and everything.

Judge Brian

A woman I work with brought her kids to FCBD an hour & a half early. There were already 50 people waiting for the store to open.

Bat King

It is a popular event. I made sure we (me, son n his fiance) were there early this year. I was working on FCBD last year and got very few items, no Prog. I bought the Prog from Disposable Heroes, 99p including P&P which included a board and a bag.

If a thing is popular you have to make the effort. If you are working or son't have a participating store nearby you can:

• ask someone to go for you, partner, friend, colleague
  • ask if anyone on the Forum can get an extra copy & post you it
  • buy a copy online

There are lots of FCBD items free on Comixology at the moment by the way.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

W. R. Logan

John has given me a couple of FCBD Progs, I only need one.
If anyone wants my spare one then send me a message and I'll gets Mrs Logan MkII to randomly pick one next Saturday.
Just include your name and address in the message.