Main Menu

Prog 1839: From here to paternity

Started by Proudhuff, 29 June, 2013, 09:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

nice cover, reminds me of summat...

Nerve Centre:
Update on ther tenseconders, T0TF: Dogs of War yaaaah! Damage Report: Marg appears to ruffled a few feathers in Oxford  :o

Dredd: the relentless downbeat continues, loverly last panel.

Defoe; a cracking episode, not too much chatter/basil but moving the story along at a lick.

The four Marys conclude their investigation, no surprises

Sindex: lots of bit that make me dislike the whole emp' with a cold blooded paid killer, [spoiler]oh then cause she's a woman he changes his mind[/spoiler]

The ten seconders: good start hopefully it will keep up this level of Thrills

Letters page with some boarders but NOT that one   :D
DDT did a job on me

JamesC

Dredd: Dull. There is a use of Slow Mo though. First in the prog?

Defoe: Fast paced with a nice cliffhanger and the usual lovely artwork.

Anderson: Action packed ending to a pretty fun story.

Sin Dex: Really good fun and another great cliffhanger.

Ten Seconders: Pretty good with astonishingly good artwork.

Steve Green

Great cover.

Couldn't disagree more over Dredd, brooding rather than dull - love the look and feel of it, like the undercity has been brought bubbling to the surface.

Tjm86

I'm quite taken with this new direction for Dredd.  Reminiscent of the post Apocalypse War days but also tying in nicely with the film vision of the Judges as not quite so powerful.  The touch with the elderly cit looking forward to being cubed really summed up the loss of authority and stands in stark contrast with the perception shown back in the day in stories like Alone in the Crowd (prog 205 if memory serves).  Ditto for the loss of PSU.  I get the feeling it was starting to get a bit out of hand as a plot device.

Colin YNWA

Love the cover and love the story it covered. not really been a big fan of Ten-seconders before, in part as its never been best with the best storytellers in the art department and rather artists who have oddles of style. Well now its blessed with an artist with all the style and storytelling ability you could possibly desire and after a great re-cap opening lets hope that things keep to this stand. If they do we could have a blinder on our hands.

Speaking of stunning art Dredd has that in spades and I enjoyed the procedural here, striped down from calls to PSU showing the damage done to the Department in practical as well as emotional ways by DoC. Anderson takes use back to similar times with a satisfactory conclusion.

Defoe continues and Sinister Dexter shines.

Good prog overall and nice Thrills of the Future too.

Steve Green

Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 June, 2013, 01:48:26 PM
I'm quite taken with this new direction for Dredd.  Reminiscent of the post Apocalypse War days but also tying in nicely with the film vision of the Judges as not quite so powerful.  The touch with the elderly cit looking forward to being cubed really summed up the loss of authority and stands in stark contrast with the perception shown back in the day in stories like Alone in the Crowd (prog 205 if memory serves).  Ditto for the loss of PSU.  I get the feeling it was starting to get a bit out of hand as a plot device.

Yep, although I loved the police procedural of the PSU era, they had become a bit all-powerful - in the same way that PSI division was.

A.Cow

Quote from: Proudhuff on 29 June, 2013, 09:54:59 AM
Sindex: lots of bit that make me dislike the whole emp' with a cold blooded paid killer, [spoiler]oh then cause she's a woman he changes his mind[/spoiler]

Must admit I read it differently, and that [spoiler]he refused to whack her because she was an innocent civilian. [/spoiler]

Mattofthespurs

Loved the Ten Seconders.
The rest was up to it's usual standard.
Good prog, but not memorable.

Richard

I thought Sinister didn't kill her because he knows her, she tilde him where Dexter is and he's already saved her life before.

Richard

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Fisticuffs

Dredd - Joint weakest in the prog along with Anderson. Not a fan of the wobbly art (how does the PSU Judge fit his head into that helmet?) and the plot is so-so. Doesn't really add anything more to the post DoC universe in a way that previous stories haven't already. Cool to have a 'Mo' reference though.

Defoe - Excellent stuff, love the art even if it takes a few seconds to register what's happening in some of the busier panels.

Sinister Dexter - A stand out, great art, superb writing, funny, violent, more please!

The Ten Seconders - My first experience with this strip and I enjoyed it. Good enough to tempt me to buy some previous ones.