Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

I think were about to witness summat very lovely appear...

ming

A real heavyweight champion of a piece, this one.

Arrived today - and it's simply stunning.  Incredibly perfect condition, direct from Cam - it really looks like this was done yesterday.  I have a huge soft spot for Cam's art from this period and to get another of his covers is more than I could have hoped for.  Lucky me :)

I'll stick this on CAF later with some close-ups and a lovely pic of the hand-coloured production art (kindly provided by Steve Cook).  In the meantime...

Spikes

My word! That does indeed look to be in pristine condition.
Prime Cam, that. And a smashing cover, to boot. Congrats on snagging this, David. Another classy piece for your collection!

opaque

Very nice :)

Isn't it amazing just how pristine and untouched his work is considering the age.
I mean I was still in primary school when that prog came out.

malak brood

oh, the burden of owning this must be weighing heavily upon you, let me lighten your burden by offering to unhook your Warlord cover  :lol:

Thats a super nice cover, gotta love the TTT Tubbs Man.......

ming

Thanks folks - it's a cracker.  The condition is as good as it gets thanks to being in cold storage for close to 25 years.  Might be a page or two more coming down the line but I really am trying to wind things down... Honest.

:lol:

Quote from: malak brood on 26 February, 2013, 07:37:46 PM
oh, the burden of owning this must be weighing heavily upon you, let me lighten your burden by offering to unhook your Warlord cover  :lol:

Sorry - unhooking it won't help; it's nailed down, with added Blu-tac and duct tape  ;)

Greg M.

QuoteMight be a page or two more coming down the line but I really am trying to wind things down... Honest.

You'll forgive us if we take that pronouncement with less a pinch of salt, more a whole damn Dead Sea. ;)

Brilliant cover though: great story, great character and pure unique 2000AD goodness from head to toe.

malak brood

From the amazing Zarjazz exhibition of 2005 comes this beauty by the very kind and talented Rufus Dayglo.

Rufus organised and ran the whole exhibition in London back in 2005 and this was his commissioned piece for the event, its massive at 42 x62 cm and really stood out amongst a plethora of 2000AD classic art and artists.  On the back of this Matt Smith commissioned Rufus to draw a number of the 2000AD covers which other collectors have on display here on CAF.

I LOVE this piece, its LOUD PROUD and IN CHARGE and I'm thrilled to own it...................

maryanddavid

That Cam piece is smashing, TTTT is the top of the heap in Mega City crazy.
The Krool piece is really nice too, Bad Company is really one of the best things to appear in 2000ad.

Lucky sods, all.

ming

Great to see that Kano pic :)

There's a thread on the Zarjaz exhibition tucked away here: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,15714.0.html

Spikes

Quote from: malak brood on 27 February, 2013, 11:00:02 PM
From the amazing Zarjazz exhibition of 2005 comes this beauty by the very kind and talented Rufus Dayglo.

Great stuff, David! A stunning, and vibrant piece. Thisll fit nicely into your Bad Company collection.

Fatboydale

a few pages i got to pick up from Mr Richard Elson ...

Greg M.

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 01 March, 2013, 07:05:30 AM
Love the 'Shadows' cover.

Seconded.
Some brilliant pieces Dale- congrats!