Main Menu

Batman : Arkham Asylum

Started by bluemeanie, 29 June, 2009, 11:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: GordonR on 19 December, 2009, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 December, 2009, 10:39:07 AM
Finally defeated Bane

It's easy if you've played any other computer game in the last 10 years.

Fixed that for you.

I might be dyslexic when it comes to getting finding my equilibreium in new games.

Need I mention I 'm playing this game using mouse and keyboard for controllers.

It's often not easy as the console equivelent and any function/game ability that requires the use of LCTRL + SPACEBAR will only work once in a blue moon.

That would include opening the grating to move under the floor. It's only worked once.

Using the same to climb down and hang off a ledge.

Using the LEFT SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE CONTROL to grab and throw your attackers.

Using RIGHT MOUSE to Counter attack. Haven't got that working either.

Not that it's stopped me dead in my tracks, but something else has.( A few paragraphs donw) The game is built to be played many ways and I like that. I 'm just alittle dissapointed with those controls not responding.

Eveything else still works.

Right now, I am stuck on [spoiler] rescueing those two security guards from being fried and gassed while their hanging from the ceiling while Harly Quinn watches through the window of a enclosed room in the building where you first encounter Poison Ivy & Clayface.[/spoiler]

Using the recently aquired Code Sequencer gadget. Is alittle difficult, even if has  worked everytime[spoiler] unlocking those force field doors. The only intructions you are given are A - D - LEFT MOUSEPAD - RIGHT MOUSEPAD. Freeing those guards is a knightmare. Though I have managed to free both of them once & I thought I was out of the woods. I wasn't able to unlock the door I had Batman come through before the gas was released. It's like the buttons work differently each time.[/spoiler]

Has anybdoy had the same problem playing this game on a PC?

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, once I looked here...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=97515

I realised I had the wrong idea about use of the Cryptographic Sequencer

Pressing all the buttons at once, I was, and thinking that clicking on the mousewheel would fire it up.

Anyway, I never realised how much fun this gadget was once I got the hang of it and proceed to decrpyt all the security doors that Batman could find.

COUNTER INTUITIVE was the word I think they were using on that forum. To describe working the PC commands for using that thing.

Would anybody agree with me here?

Forgot to mention that a certain location was a welcome suprise once I climbed out  of the boiler room.

[spoiler] I mean the Batcave[/spoiler].

Yet it seems futile, when there's computers practically everywhere in the Asylum. It's really just a safe secluded place.

[spoiler] Where he can retrieve new gadgetry[/spoiler]

It was bit of a shame they couldn't tie that in with the archive of character bios, and [spoiler]a  place where you can truly choose your upgrades.

For instance, Batman gains a upgrade after beating up a samll horde of thugs and is standing in puddle of water outside and what happens. His suit, either miraculopusly gains a extra layer of armour, or he suddenly carrying a new weapon thats popped up out of thin air. Batm,an should really return to the batcave for this reason. To read his ninja scrolls. Check up on the computer weapons research to find out what new upgrades are now available. He might have to change back into his Bruce Wayne clothing to do computer stuff while his suit is being upgraded and repaired.

In my game It's torn and shredded on the trailing edge of the cape. A abit of a worry if that has any effect on Bat-Glide. With some slash marks in the middle. Those things would would make the Batcave more interactive.

The new fighting skills could almost be forgiven, because he's constantly fighting all the time. But the need for a training room accessed from his Batcave might be cool.   

Anyway, I was chasing Harly Quinn and she looks better everytime I see her and so I still have a fair bit of the game left to finish. Abit too early to judge.

What a shame about Dr Young. Her fate was really harsh and Batman has his morals about not killing any villain once and for all and yet this still happens. Anyway, I was wondering what the hell I would have done if I didn't choose the Remote Bata-Rang as upgrade before I got there. You know, the bit where she needs to be rescued without being seen by her captor. I found that to be the only solution which worked more by ass than any skill.

Anyway, right now I need to find some janitors in the botanical gardens.[/spoiler]

I would like to know if not being able to open the grating on the floor is ruining my chances of completing it?

Well it hasn't stopped me so far, but I have tried doing this a few times and while it does'nt always work.

When it has worked

--Today--.

I found two more trophies.

So, I wondering how many of those I missed. 

ThryllSeekyr

Just completed this game a few hours ago, with everything found, all riddles solved.

As far as I'm concerned. Nothing was to chance.

All orifices were filled.

It took me nearly fifteen days, but I don't like to rush things.

A good game is like a cuban cigar.

Love the method for fighting the Titan-Altered Thugs. Nice idea.

I love the way uthe upgraded combat moves leave ink-like vapor trails, and a type of sonic boom.

I thought the bits with ScareCrow and battling Joker were very good, but didn't like the reverced keys. Too difficult.

On fighting the Joker himself. [spoiler] Well, I thought thats not really his style. He was just being suicidal when he put the syringe gun to his chin and pulled the trigger.[/spolier]

Might have been cooler to see him fight as he was and not altered by the Titan venom. I always figured him to be preta-naturally dexterous. Moving with phenominal agility and speed.

In the battle preceeding the fight with Joker himself.

I threw the Remote Bata-Rang and it sort of barrel rolled towards the ceiling and came back in a arc Batman caught it in his hand. This happend twice. I thought that was pretty cool at the time. I got the Catch! acheivement
for that.

http://www.kokeytechnology.com/video-games/3216-batman-arkham-asylum-achievements-and-achievement-guide-trophies/

I'm just wondering if anybody else has done this. It seemed like it was difficult at the time, but there was minamal steering. Actualley, I didn't know where it was going until it was caught. I just remembered seeing the floor come back up towards the Bata-Cam.

[spoiler] On resuming the game after it ended. It was a shame, there was no signs repairs being made. The evil foliage being removed completly. The damaged computers in the Batcave replaced and cleaned up, the evlators fixed. The whole place needs working on. As did have alook around to find anything different. Even the Doctors and Security Gaurds werestill holed up in their hiding spots, I figured moved on, they might have started cleaning up by then.[/spoiler]

Still, it's a great game, and even better for fans.

Looking forward to sequel. Is it called Batman: Arkam Asylum Two or  Batman: Gotham City Two

James Stacey

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 23 December, 2009, 02:39:50 PM

Where do you put your cigars ?  :lol:

Richmond Clements

QuoteAll orifices were filled.

I love our mayor.

Darren Stephens

I have this for chrimbo tommorow, but can't play it until Sunday as we are away. AAh! :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: James S on 24 December, 2009, 12:24:33 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 23 December, 2009, 02:39:50 PM

Where do you put your cigars ?  :lol:

I only smoke passively, but I assum a Cuban cigar shouldn't be rushed or discarded half way through.

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 24 December, 2009, 02:19:33 PM
QuoteAll orifices were filled.

I love our mayor.

Well, If you think the Batman as phallic symbol all that exploring he did on the island. I was very thorough.

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 24 December, 2009, 08:42:35 PM
I have this for chrimbo tommorow, but can't play it until Sunday as we are away. AAh! :lol:

Hope, I didn't spoil it for you.

You enjoy the game, and espeically if your a fan of that character. Theres alot of gpood detail to this game, and some great visuals. Even if it feel like your watching a movie some of the time, while your in combat, grappeling and gliding. Atleast your influences things.

Roger Godpleton

Finished this back in August.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Noisybast

Finally ordered this from Game this morning, having been let down on the games front by my entire family for both my birthday and Christmas. Tick tock...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

WoD

Due to my (very) slow playing of the game - not my choice, just don't get time to play, I've only just got to the third Scarecrow bit...

AND - [spoiler]wow...how could they do that to me...I'm playing on a 360 - notoriously unreliable and they do that...nearly gave me a heart attack - nasty, nasty, clever, clever, game designers!!  I love it when games step through the 'third wall - when it's done well...[/spoiler]

ThryllSeekyr

Any news on the expansion?

I might have checked, but the computer I've played the game on hasn't been working as of the last couple of months. The problem is something as simple as a broken piece of plastic supporting the on/off button.

Anyway, the computer is now getting that part replaced, and it's got all my Batman Arkham Ayslum saves on it as well as Bioshock and Assasin's Creed.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Sorry for the necro-post but after much hassle from a friend and now, after my brother has bought this game via Ebay, I'm busy playing this game.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night