Main Menu

3A Mongrol on sale from February 28th

Started by ming, 24 February, 2011, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Got my email but royal mail website says "no information for this item yet" and the link to 'quantumsolutions' (whatever that is) doesn't work. Glad to see things are actually moving at last though.

I'm loving the translations too: "Please check on the end of this Friday"  :-* and " If you haven't received it after 20 working days unclouded Sat, Sun and holiday".

Declared value states $15USD - either that's creative accounting for customs purposes or we've paid too much!  :lol:

Mikey

It'll show up on tracking once it starts actually moving,though the info can be slow to update. First pics from Asian folks are starting to appear already...

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

DKCX

COMMANDO FORCES

No but I wasn't expecting it, so I'll be happy if it comes at Christmas  ;)

Dandontdare

Royal mail tracker says:
QuoteInformation on your item is not yet available

Rex Banner

My tracking information says that it left Hong Kong on the 14th and is en route to London.

Mardroid

You know... I was just thinking about Mongrol on the way home. Thinking it would be cool but unlikely if it turned up in time for my birthday.

Then on entering the living room... look at what I saw perched on top of the sofa...

Surely I'm not the first? I really didn't expect it that soon! (Soon after notification of being sent I mean not the wait we had before that...)

I've yet to open it...

Albion

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 March, 2013, 09:37:20 PM
I've yet to open it...

How could you not open it?! Get it open man, we need photos, we need to see it!

Hopefully mine will be here soon.  :)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mardroid

I was thinking of waiting for Wednesday (my birthday).

But go on then....

Albion

Oops! I don't want to spoil your birthday. Nice to see the proper box. Will Mongrol be released from his cardboard prison on Wednesday then?
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mardroid

Heh. Too late, I've opened it now. I was teasing with that other picture of yet another box.

I'm not sure why that last one came out so blurry compared to the other...

Anyway. I've opened it... and I'm somewhat amused at the references in past posts to 'small Mongrol' with this scaled version. Sure he's small compared to the big'un currently swinging King Kong style from Commando Forces Chimney (oh wait, he lives in a cellar not an attic right?) but he's a pretty hefty toy. I wondered if the scale was in terms of human size or the size of the original robot*. Robot size it is, seems like. Looks great too.

I'll take some more pictures later after my Dad has gone to bed....** including proportional stuff with other other action figures so you get an idea of the scale, etc. Okay you probably have a good idea anyway, but he really is bigger than I imagined even after seeing the photos of the Blackhole version online.

First impressions, lovely detail. Actually rather 'woody' to touch. Quite a strong smell of the paint- almost like it's freshly done... which it could well be. Good quality.

*The original robot that doesn't actually exist, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

**As in, doesn't walk in on his 37 year old son mucking about with an action figure. Yes, I know, am I a hypocrite?

Pete Wells

Mardroid

Okay here we go.

I was going to show a picture of my hand holding him to get some sense of scale but... well... my camera phone blurred it. Not my wobbly hands. Oh no.) Never mind. I've found ways around it.

Here he is.

Now for a bit of scale comparison. The old war-horses size up the new boy. (Actually size is a bit deceptive in this picture...)

Being a warm hearted droid, Mongrol suggests they pose together for a picture. The other two aren't so keen though. (Oddly, due to perspective he still looks smaller than he actually is.)

Bit of rough housing....
Mongrol play with the fleshies! Dredd ain't amused. Johnny definitely isn't amused... (The joints are nicely stiff by the way. I wouldn't let it take that weight all that often though...)

Still not a great sense of scale (I should have angled it better) but it gives you some idea.

Mardroid

Sorry, that last picture was a bit blurry but I can't be arsed doing it again (maybe something else later).

Oh and sorry for the repeat post but this thread won't allow editting.

In case your interested, that Johny Alpha is the Reaction Figure. The Dredd with the slightly odd coloured uniform is the Marvel Heroes version. Not that he is a Marvel hero, but well...