Main Menu

Prog 2083 - Fame in the fifth dimension

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 May, 2018, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Prog is still good - great. Not really much change from last week really.

Oh and I should say while I'm far from Survival Geeks biggest fan but it certainly gives good cover! Enjoy the cosplay spotfest that is the back cover.

Inside Dredd continues to skillfully build a wonder adventure dripping with intrigue. Enjoying watching this make reveal... well we don't know but I'm enjoying not knowing.

Skip Tracer still building well but it needs to make me connect with the led soon or its going to just be a series of fiun events and I might drift off. Still has time and still building its story well but I did notice this week I'm pretty unengaged by the led at this point.

Survival Geeks had some cute moments but also at time felt too twee pastiche of references. Its so okay.

Deadworld on the other hand is defo pastiche but by heck its bloody a romping one. Its not doing anything new but its not doing anything new soooo well.

Durham Red not quite as good as last time but by George it gives us our mission, throws in action and fun character and sets a nice atmosphere for next time. I means its not doing a bad job in 5 pages is it. Great stuff.

So yeah strong Prog and a nice summation of why 2000ad is the Galaxies Greatest from Tharg in the Nerve Centre

QuoteThat's the 2000ad experience and its a reaction no other anthology [he should just have said comic here] can instil in its readership. Excitment, dislocation, unease, joy... its not unknown to run the whole gamut of emotions whilst consuming a single Prog.

Ahem Tharg, ahem.

Tomwe

Love that cover! Googe is nuts 😆
Who are the two guys with green bats/containers far left on the rear?
(I tried to start this thread myself a short while ago  but guess I'm not allowed or clashed with this one)

The Enigmatic Dr X

What a cover! Best in years for me. Such effort and love. Who'd you spot?

Ash, from evil dead
Kameleon, from doctor who
Austin powers
Monkeys. Lots of monkeys. But no hats, so doesn't count
Cyclops
Mike, from monsters inc
Fry and leela
Time cop?
Marvin, from hitchers tv series
Marvin, from hitchers movie
Doc brown
The rabbit from Donnie darko
Silent bob
Doctor and k9 cosplay
Lock up your spoons!

Tomwe

Sully there with Mike W, David from Flight Of The Navigator, cast of South Park

The Monarch

rick and morty and booster gold....which consider booster i bet IS booster and not a cosplayer xd

Colin YNWA

I also think we have Spock and Sulu from Star Trek 4 and Uhura and short sleeve Kirk from some episode or other?

Booster Gold has Skeets with him as well.

11th Doc Who and is that the Time Bandits on the poster... it must be right.

I'm also going for Bill Murray from Ground Hog day as he has some kinda ground hog on his shoulder... this one is a punt

Richard

Also Kirk and Spock from the Mirror, Mirror episode of the original series.

Frank

Lola Rennt, offering (terrible) financial advice, Ziggy from Quantum Leap, and the guy from that meme I don't understand.

Woolly

Shame we only get prints of the Meg covers, 'cause thats amazing!  :o

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 May, 2018, 05:30:41 PM
I'm also going for Bill Murray from Ground Hog day as he has some kinda ground hog on his shoulder... this one is a punt

If you mean the kid with the baseball cap, that's surely an alt-verse Ash Ketchum and Pikachu...? Puxatawney Phil is represented on one of the banners on't ceiling.
@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 May, 2018, 08:44:48 PM
... the kid with the baseball cap (is) surely an alt-verse Ash Ketchum and Pikachu...?

As Tomwe says, that's the kid from Flight Of The Navigator. You're not missing anything.

I'm going to be the guy who takes the shame-hit for commenting on the fact that Tom Baker has a woman's breasts, my Lord.

Tomwe

Yeah Phil & Phil are in the crowd as well as that poster. Anyone able to call the girl with the bike?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Frank on 26 May, 2018, 09:26:46 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 May, 2018, 08:44:48 PM
... the kid with the baseball cap (is) surely an alt-verse Ash Ketchum and Pikachu...?

As Tomwe says, that's the kid from Flight Of The Navigator. You're not missing anything.

D'oh! Course it is.
@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

Quote from: Tomwe on 26 May, 2018, 10:04:43 PM
Anyone able to call the girl with the bike?

Once you click through three pages of hentai, Google suggests school girl + satchel + red bike = The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Hawkmumbler can confirm.

Back on safer, old-man territory: