Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2016

Started by Tiplodocus, 16 October, 2015, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Missed Filippo but I guessed my shunning of the Wagner talk was the reason. In my defence, Frank Quitely and Dave Gibbons were holding court at the same time and I was suitably entertained elsewhere. Isn't DG a slick bastard ?  :)

Highlight was catching up with some boarders, of course, and not just because there was a bit of a dearth of panels, being honest. They moved it to a grander venue and it took the shine off it. So GCC17 is in doubt ?  :-\

I did enjoy the point where one boarder picked up a mic to hurl abuse at the cosplayers. It's always the quiet ones.

Proudhuff

Schism!

was the word of the weekend... and by heck did we use it  :D

The four-eared Mutant of Charlie Heston Citi-Def took a low header late in the game...

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Spooky big picture of the current CJ of Texas City!

DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quite gutted I missed this, especially as it might be the last.

Has no one mentioned the mohican?

I have decided to adopt the following as an acceptable swearing replacement in my house:

"By Satanist's haircut!"

B.A. Baracus is going to be livid when he learns that someone has stolen his hair.
Lock up your spoons!

Fungus

I did express surprise that Mr Deever took this challenge in good spirit. I dunno, punks today!  >:(

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 July, 2016, 03:22:24 PM
The four-eared Mutant of Charlie Heston Citi-Def took a low header late in the game...

Yep, he's just at the wrong height the now, that when he runs into me....it's a forehead in the nuts....EVERY TIME.  I swear he's doing it deliberately!  :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

I, Cosh

I didn't make it along to the con itself but managed to catch a bunch of the guys for a swift half on Saturday evening. They'd already had quite a few by then. The only pros I saw were the side of Dave Gibbons head and most of Alex Ronald.

I was also particularly distraught that Pete Wells hadn't made it North of the Wall as I'd brought this unique piece of original memorabilia for him to sign.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 04 July, 2016, 06:57:56 PM
Quite gutted I missed this, especially as it might be the last.

Has no one mentioned the mohican?

I have decided to adopt the following as an acceptable swearing replacement in my house:

"By Satanist's haircut!"

B.A. Baracus is going to be livid when he learns that someone has stolen his hair.

Thought it was more Travis Bickle...
DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

We were cosplaying- Satanist was Rogue Trooper and I was Venus Bluegenes.
We decided not to 'blue-up' because racism.

Anything to get in free...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Every time I see a picture of Tiplidocus at one of these gigs, I think he's John Wagner using a Time Travel machine and popping back to disrupt the past.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 July, 2016, 07:15:49 PM
Every time I see a picture of Tiplidocus at one of these gigs, I think he's John Wagner using a Time Travel machine and popping back to disrupt the past.

He still carries a Nintendo DS about with him, so time travel is a plausible explanation.
Lock up your spoons!

GordyM

With all the respect to the amazing Dredd cosplay, the cosplay winner at the weekend for me was the lassie dressed up as Sharknado. Some nice out-of-the-box thinking right there. Annoyed I didn't think to get a photo before she left.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Proudhuff

Quote from: GordyM on 06 July, 2016, 12:42:12 PM
With all the respect to the amazing Dredd cosplay, the cosplay winner at the weekend for me was the lassie dressed up as Sharknado. Some nice out-of-the-box thinking right there. Annoyed I didn't think to get a photo before she left.

Na that was a close second to 1970's Stan Lee, mind you his sidekick was stunning a photo of that outfit would make an old Huff very happy..., Nuff said.
DDT did a job on me

Ghost MacRoth

That'd be the lass dressed as Black Widow I assume?  Yeah..... she suited that costume very well! :D
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!