Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Hawkmumbler

Between the block function and multi levelled filters, I still find Twitter to be the best social media platform. Facebook and Tumblr are dead in the water at this point.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

A rant should be a ridiculous wall of text, not a pithy sentance suffixed with "RANT OVER!"

/RANT
You may quote me on that.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Lawyers.

"Do you have any information about contacts made with the Kremlin?"
"That question is overly broad and not capable of being answered"

C*****

The Simpsons said it best

von Boom

Perfectly healthy people using the handicap assist button on doors. Lazy gits.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: von Boom on 31 May, 2017, 07:32:44 PM
Perfectly healthy people using the handicap assist button on doors. Lazy gits.

Not sure I see the problem with this.
It's a labour saving device.
It's, in my eyes, saying that people should not use electric saws when a hand saw is available.
Having said that the only assist button I use to open the door is at the local cinema and that's because half the time the regular door is locked.

Theblazeuk

Some of those doors don't open very well if you do them manually though. The one at Shep Bush library for instance often feels like you're pulling against the motors if you don't press the button.

I want to open the door but I don't want to break it

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 01 June, 2017, 09:46:02 AM
The one at Shep Bush library for instance

That's just probably due to a lack of use :D

Link Prime

News articles composed of Twitter comments.

When did this become a thing?
Sure, you'd expect it from the gutter press websites, but when you have 'news articles' on RTE.ie simply printing the opinionated tweets of some randomers it's head scratching.
Or am I missing the point- is it the fact that 'Twitter is reacting' to something the actual news?

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go outside and shake my wizened fist at the sky.

Michael Knight

Music noise in supermarkets, especially at entrance to Tesco Extra. Grrrrrrr! I love music I truly do but don't need it blaring out OTT whilst I'm at news and mags section. Maybe it a ploy to stop me reading in store lol

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 June, 2017, 01:12:59 PM
News articles composed of Twitter comments.

When did this become a thing?
Sure, you'd expect it from the gutter press websites, but when you have 'news articles' on RTE.ie simply printing the opinionated tweets of some randomers it's head scratching.
Or am I missing the point- is it the fact that 'Twitter is reacting' to something the actual news?

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go outside and shake my wizened fist at the sky.

As if that isn't bad enough, the way they present them drags the data direct from twitter, which freezes poor old computers like mine :(

Theblazeuk

Yeah but it allows for people to do stuff like this - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blogger-changes-twitter-name-dont-12017410

I've seen "**** the Daily Heil" and more as tabloids publish these kind of articles :)

The Doctor Alt 8

What annoys me?

The fact that I can't buy sandwichs because 99% of them come with mayonnaise, pickles, sauses and other dressings that I can't stand. It's easy enough to put these condiments in a separate sachet and when you consider the many people with food allergies and intolerances I am surprised no one complains about this. Just give me the choice of having your muck on my food.

People (OK Henry) who... on the rare occasion that I remember a dream and I tell them about it... STARTS APPLYING LOGIC to the dream and telling you what you SHOULD HAVE DONE.
Man splaining taken to the nith level right?

IT'S a DREAM. I am not going to have it again. the delight about them is their non logic.... and non consequence. Just SHUT IT.

JoFox2108

Things that annoy me...

(1) Being forced to listen to music in places I can't leave without giving myself a problem, like the waiting room for the doctors.  I know some people find it relaxing but I don't, it drives me insane.  I feel the same in shops, I just can't wait to get out of there.

(2) Deliberate cruelty, even if it's a small thing, especially if the person being cruel laughs.  It just makes me instantly 'red hot' angry.

(3) People who throw lit cigarettes out of the car window when you're on a motocycle behind them.  Got my cheek burned by one that went inside my helmet, plus nearly high-sided my favourite Kawasaki.

QuoteIt's all a deep end.

Tjm86

people who use massive fonts and capitals to make sure you get the point.

::)