Main Menu

GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 03 March, 2017, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

The series is now promoted as being set in an alternate reality to TOS and NuTrek, but up until a few weeks ago was promoted as being set in the original timeline.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor Bear on 16 August, 2017, 01:23:59 PM
The series is now promoted as being set in an alternate reality to TOS and NuTrek, but up until a few weeks ago was promoted as being set in the original timeline.

Cheers for the update Prof.
That seems a bit daft.

Goaty

Well I really can't wait to see it. I am Trekkie and proud of it!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: Goaty on 16 August, 2017, 03:51:57 PM
Well I really can't wait to see it. I am Trekkie and proud of it!

Ah yeah, I'd say most of us are to some degree, and most of us will watch it at some stage.
Just seems a bit silly to establish a third continuity / time-line is all.

von Boom

I'm not pleased about the third timeline angle. I'll look at it and judge it on it's own merits, but it probably won't be my Trek.

The Legendary Shark

Given that there's a Mirror Universe, surely this is a fourth (at least) timeline?

Then there's the Borg-on-Earth-During-the-First-Warp-Flight timeline, the Voyager-in-Ice timeline and the millions of All-Good-Things timelines...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 August, 2017, 04:16:00 PM
Given that there's a Mirror Universe

I visited there once Sharky- you were working as Chief Whip of the Conservative Party if I recall.

There are probably hundreds of divergent time-lines established in Star Trek over the years, but this is different- we the viewers are now presented with three options as the 'starting point'.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 August, 2017, 04:26:37 PM

I visited there once Sharky- you were working as Chief Whip of the Conservative Party if I recall.

And presumably had either a neat black goatee or an eyepatch...
@jamesfeistdraws

von Boom

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 16 August, 2017, 04:33:01 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 16 August, 2017, 04:26:37 PM

And presumably had either a neat black goatee or an eyepatch...

Funny. I always see Sharky busing tables at a Little Chef in the mirror universe.  ::)

The Legendary Shark

Pah. Have you insects never heard of Emperor Shark, Conqueror of Freedom, Lord of All the Agonies and Supreme Commander of Tables Six Through Twelve?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dreddzilla

For what it's worth STD will be rated TV-MA in the states. Fun fact The Walking Dead and Hannibal didn't even get that.

JLC

They really have not got a clue what they are doing with this show!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JLC on 19 August, 2017, 10:46:33 AM

They've spent a lot of money on what some insiders believe is a generic Sci Fi show with little to tie it to Star Trek Universe but the name. Some claim that Discovery is the start of an Anthology series with different aspects of this version of the Trek universe being examined.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JLC

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 19 August, 2017, 11:02:07 AM
Quote from: JLC on 19 August, 2017, 10:46:33 AM

They've spent a lot of money on what some insiders believe is a generic Sci Fi show with little to tie it to Star Trek Universe but the name. Some claim that Discovery is the start of an Anthology series with different aspects of this version of the Trek universe being examined.
Yes the original plan was an anthology series, which would have been a good idea.