Main Menu

Rebellion/Mega Collection

Started by Pioneer, 18 August, 2017, 11:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

I keep reading about these two (seemingly) different publications, can anyone shed any light on the differences between the two?

I have a healthy Rebellion collection which I'm looking to gradually flesh out, but slightly concerned I may be missing a trick with the Mega Collections?

Thanks in advance

matty_ae

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection is a fortnightly partwork collection of hardback books published by Hachette Partworks. The series is made up of 90 volumes which contain thematic collections of stories about 2000 AD's Judge Dredd and related characters, as well as bonus material including previously unpublished art.

This Mega Collection is available in WH Smiths, Forbidden Planet and in the end virtually by subscription only.
its on approx issue 70

The Rebellion range is the ongoing reprint collections of selected. 2000ad stories. These are available in Waterstones, Local Comic Shops and Amazon.

And forthcoming is the 2000ad Ultimate Collection from Hachette which will do the same job as the Mega Collection but feature a range of 'heavy hitters' from the 2000ad comic like slain, dante, rogue and strontium.

good times to have so many options.

Frank

All I can add to Matt's comprehensive answer is that there is/will be a lot of duplication between Rebellion's reprint line and the Hachette series.

Hachette will collect some material that isn't available from Rebellion*, but you can order those books individually if you don't want to blow £800 on the full collection.

*  Dante and Sin/Dex, most notably. Some of the Dredd and Strontium Dog (and Nemesis?) strips will have the colour spreads restored for the first time.

Dash Decent

Annoyingly, Bissett (the Australia distributors) will only sell back numbers to existing subscribers.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

marko10174

I love my rebellions, I own about 24 of them. I've started buying the mega collection though, because I've noticed in some collections like Trifecta, and the simping detective, you actually get more material in the Hatchets thn in the Rebellions.

Rudolph88

Out of curiosity, is the Dredd Collection edition of The Cursed Earth the edited or unedited version?

IndigoPrime

The Mega Collection one omits the 'banned' episodes.

glassstanley

When it was published the Uncensored volume hadn't been announced.