Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Will the Mighty Tharg be supplying official handbags for those awkward moments when online antagonists finally meet?

DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Fungus

It wouldn't be the Slaine Bar if everyone sat amicably sipping Baileys now, would it ?  :)

Link Prime

Getting close now! :thumbsup:
I've just booked the Friday & Monday off work for that mini-holiday feeling.

Any other forumites from ROI making it over to this?
Tordelback? Zenith 666? Joe Soap? David?

I know Gavin is coming, but he'd go to the opening of a brown paper bag with 'Zarjaz' written on it.

Bolt-01

Quote from: Link Prime on 30 January, 2017, 12:21:28 PM
I know Gavin is coming, but he'd go to the opening of a brown paper bag with 'Zarjaz' written on it.

A brown paper bag with Zarjaz on it... hmmm

James Stacey

Has there been any move for a nametag so everyone can associate the person with their online alter ego (if thats their thing and they are indeed online)

DrDark

Hi all, long time lurker and longtime 2000ad reader and I absolutely can't wait for this convention!!!!!

Having just been reading this thread I have been fully caught up in the hype and now I can't wait to get there!

I am dead set on getting Arthur Ranson to sign some progs and would love to buy some of his work if he has any on sale (it's gonna be an expensive weekend!).

But as this is the first comic con I have been too I was wondering if people have any idea how much signings, original pieces of art average at?

Maybe see a few of you there, I'm coming down from Birmingham on my lonesome as non of my friends can hack such Thrills as are on offer!

Steve Green

Signings are usually free - although sometimes there might be limits on number of items per creator.

Sketches vary £15-50 depending on the artist, type of sketch.

Artwork varies hugely - some start at £50 (Henry really undersells his) and goes up - recent art will generally be cheaper than classic art, also a Dredd page with no Dredd may be cheaper.

DrDark

Old Tankie

Bolt-01

Very true- at the Oxford Dreddcons none of the artists charged. 'None'. It was a wonderful thing to see.

If you have any doubts as to costs, just ask. Half the fun of getting a sketch is chatting with the artist.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 31 January, 2017, 01:48:53 PM
Very true- at the Oxford Dreddcons none of the artists charged. 'None'. It was a wonderful thing to see.

Although I can't blame the artists that have started charging. It must be pretty galling to do someone a free sketch only to see the bugger on eBay within a matter of days...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 31 January, 2017, 01:57:51 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 31 January, 2017, 01:48:53 PM

Although I can't blame the artists that have started charging. It must be pretty galling to do someone a free sketch only to see the bugger on eBay within a matter of days...
Agreed, I got the wonderful Doherty to do a great watercolour Dredd head at TB'14. We stood about chatting as he wrapped up work on the sketch before mine, and the owner of said doodle was on his way. The next day I saw said same sketch for sale on a FB page (that shall remain nameless) for twice what Pete was charging. Its a really nasty, shitty thing to do.

opaque

I'm wondering what the queues are likely to be like. 1000 of us swarming will be a sight to see!

Anyone know if there any cashpoints in the Hammersmith Novotel? Could always get cash from my creditcard if I have to ;)

Bolt-01

If previous cons are anything to go by- don't chance being able to get cash from anywhere. :)