Main Menu

Edinburgh's National Signing event 1 Sept.

Started by Proudhuff, 06 August, 2012, 06:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

report of bits I can remember...

Arrived late due to the Memsahib's quizzing of Rich, but was intime for the pub! Huzzah!
The rather subdued start was quick enlivened by drink Trout entertaining with all the news that was unfit to print while Tips impressed with a digital experiment, nice.
followed by Rich's movie round up (soft soft tomato noise) and the thought Pat Mill's could have written the intro page to the seven greats assembled at the table  ;)
Other random highlights in no order:
Dode C's Norn Iron theme park,
the now traditional game of 'Hunt the hat'  when the O'Neil droid leaves,
Lindsay and young Kim's 'Fanny doctors' discussion,
the louche GReenie droid's reveal of the FACTUAL errors in Aqulia  :o
the O'Neil droid's ability to draw Dredd on a till receipt (!) and the perplexed look on his face when said was stuff into a lacy bra
Finding out who was a lazy, lazy writer
Unisex toilet queues WTF!!
Led Zepp used to clear a bar (nice move)

i think there may have been photos...

roll on the next one!!

DDT did a job on me

Trout

Quote from: Proudhuff on 03 September, 2012, 04:30:25 PM
the thought Pat Mill's could have written the intro page to the seven greats assembled at the table  ;)

I forgot all about that. Great stuff: seven men sat around a table in a darkened pub. I couldn't work out if we were the good guys or not.  :)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Trout on 03 September, 2012, 04:39:01 PM
the thought Pat Mill's could have written the intro page to the seven greats assembled at the table  ;)

I forgot all about that. Great stuff: seven men sat around a table in a darkened pub. I couldn't work out if we were the good guys or not.  :)

ha! So did I!
Also add:
The FACT that Billy Gibbons is the greatest blues guitarist in the world.
You can breeze to the front in unisex toilets if you don't mind peeing when there's a lady in the queue.
Did I mention I had a picture of me with Karl Urban?

And also: brilliant to see everyone again! You made a glum man very happy (along with the fine chaps at the screening!)
And special thanks to Mr P Huff for allowing a dirty drunk Irishman to sleep on his sofa.

Colin MacNeil

Must say, I had a grand time. It was really really great to see everyone, especially those I hadn't seen for a long while or two. A real pleasure indeed!
Don't really have clear memories of chunks of the day, well by the the time we got past teatime anyways. I'd forgotten about that sketch.  :D

the now traditional game of 'Hunt the hat'  when the O'Neil droid leaves,

O'Who?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Sorry for the double post, but Mr Bruce would like me to pass on his apploies to 'everyone for anything he may have done', and Rich its the Memsahib you should thank, even if we only have ONE toilet!  ;)
DDT did a job on me