Main Menu

Prog 2311 - Get Ready to Rummmble!

Started by broodblik, 07 December, 2022, 03:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

So here we are again the last regular prog of the year. Again, not a bad prog but not the greatest one either. This round we have only 4 stories. Next week is the biggie with some interesting stories to continue in the new year.

Dredd – We get a double round of Dredd. This one goes down as we all predicted but still a highly enjoyable Dredd story. Some straight-forward nothing fancy story here with some good art by Steven Austin.  Another winner by Niemand.

Terror Tale – A good creepy terror tale this round.

Enemy Earth – The last chapter ending with the escape. It ends with a statement "End of Book One", so more to come hopefully it is more off a Helium wait than a Skip Tracer wait.

Hope – Back to Mallory as he is still trying to escape. The weird and macabre continues still cannot see how the story will end in this reel. Good stuff from the creative team.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

broodblik

norton canes

Great double-length conclusion to 'The Rematch' - and this time it really is a double, as page seven is clearly the spectacular opener for what would have been episode three. Nice final panel too.

Thought the Terror Tale piled it on a bit thick, but was pretty good. Enemy Earth has impressed in flashes without ever really taking off. And as for Hope... It's still admirable, but this book's been spread far too thin. Also I have a feeling that the final ever episode is just going to be the same panel repeated twenty times with different dialogue.

norton canes

I do feel privileged to actually have a prog

Tjm86

My prog seems to have suffered from the current industrial action.  So it was a rather pleasant little surprise to find an email from Rebellion with the news that a digital prog has been added to my account for free whilst I wait.

As always Rebellion shows what customer service really is.

moly

Great of rebellion to make the download available for subscribers, but will definitely stay with the physical subscription unless Royal Mail totally destroy the  postal system

Something Fishy

so sad to have another week without the sub arriving, something like 5 or 6 in the last couple of months now.  Finally ending my sub. Real shame but cannot throw good money after bad anymore :-(

JayzusB.Christ

Due to an insane workload over the last month, I'm behind on my progs.  Love that cover though, and I love how it shows that the Mechanismo units have merged fairly comfortably into the Street Judge Division.  For once, Dredd was wrong about something!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Another OK Prog. Dredd worked well enough, although the "never too old to enjoy a fight" panel was a bit on the nose. Typically grim ending. The timeline of the Terror Tale wasn't clear to me, but it was one of Tomlinson's better efforts and was good to re-read. (But yikes at these things being for newish writers. Did Tomlinson offer a job lot? That's quite a few now.)

Enemy Earth drops a minor swear. (That's... not smart in this age bracket.) The last panel is absurdly unlikely. The whole thing almost worked but I wish it had had cleaner storytelling and more monsters. And the Hope brings up the rear.

Dredd > Tomlinson's Terror Tales > Enemy Earth > Hope it ends soon

Barrington Boots

I'm with IP on this one. Cool Dredd, then diminishing returns.

Enjoyed the Dredd: the glum ending and several callbacks in the first episode combined to give it a very nostaligic feel for when i was first reading the Prog. Art was brilliant.

I too wasn't sure on the timeline on the Terror Tale, but it looked great and the atmosphere was creepy as.

Enemy Earth wraps up: this was the best episode imo with action, monsters and some surprising violence for  Regened strip with the guy being bitten in two and all the severed limbs from the explosion. Overall I didn't enjoy this series, especially on the art side, and it's a shame it didn't hit the promise we all thought it had on it's first appearance, but I still think the overall idea is a good one.

I'm still reading it, but I dislike Hope with it's static looking and recycled panel art, lengthy and slightly confusing story, and unpleasant yet still bland characters, and it's still a surprise to me how hard my opinion on this flipped. Great creators, great concept, but somewhere it's totally lost me.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Two Progs in one night hog heaven.

Enemy Earth has some real storytelling issues but again seems to have some real potential if things could just tighten up on that front, there's real energy in the art so I live in Hope.... speaking of which Hope needs that re-read but I'm, optimistic about that.

The Terror Tale also just rolled off me with no impact at all, it just bounced clear over me, but didn't give enough to make it worth the effort of going in again.

So thank Niemand for superb double Dredd with Austin's ever improving art it gave this Prog enough to get a pass.

The X-Mas Prog with a stella line-up will make all this waiting worthwhile I suspect.

The Monarch

two weeks behind now can i get my x-mas prog and meg before the end of the year? lets find out together