Main Menu

SIN CITY Movie is a Go

Started by wadew, 27 February, 2004, 12:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I had a couple issues of some Millar sin city thing and it was a fairly pointless exercise.

Wagners Sin City however...

wadew

The main thing i liked about Sin City was Miller's unique art. I don't think a movie's really necessary.

paulvonscott

Actually I might be thinking of something else,  Hard boiled?  Lots of kinetic gunplay and violence and not much else.

Smiley

The first Sin City collection with Marv hunting Goldie's killer was cracking stuff. Quite basic, maybe, and with all the obvious stock Frank Miller-ism's, but still good pulp.

(Although it's shocking how ropey and self-indulgent the later volumes are, a pretty sharp decline after the first in fact. Only worth flicking through them to spot the little background incidents from other stories.)

Buddy

Fuckin love Sin City.. not sure how the movie will play out though.

It's gotta be in Black & White for a start or very stark colours at least (a la Minority Report).

Ron Perlman for Marve? (after he makes Judge Dredd of course).

stront692

they could use the same lighting as dark world (that one that looks like the crow but is about another world)

that would be cool, the early comics are amazing and have to be checked out, later they just become run of the mill (are they still going, i havent heard of any new for a while)

Rosso

With Sin City, Millar seems to be trying to refine an idea down to its absolute essence.
He seems to be trying to approach a concept of minimalism in comics. Not to everyones taste probably but definitely for the purists.

Buddy

Jared Katooie

He's taking out everything but the name to trick fans into seeing it.

frazer

Sounds pretty good to me:) I like the way he pitched the idea to miller...man, if only someone would do that with one of my projects...:P

F

Pete Wells

There was a Mariah Carey and Busta Rhymes warblefest out not so long back and the video for that had some pretty impressive Sin City-esque animation and some live action poses that looked to be straight ripped from the comics.

I hope the film could look (but not sound!) like that...