Main Menu

Dredd Megazine Question

Started by Maraxusofkeld, 15 August, 2018, 09:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maraxusofkeld

I know I am a noob here, but are the Megazines original stories, mostly reprints?

Jim_Campbell

All original. There was a point in the past when the Meg had a chunk of reprint for economic reasons, but everything in the magazine is new. The additional 'floppy' that comes bagged with it is reprint — often interesting, sometimes excellent.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

Like Jim said, the current Meg is original material.  There are a couple of text articles, interviews or reviews, but the strips are all original.  The floppy is where the reprint comes in.  The last few months have been Dredd but they've started to tease the Fleetway archive with material from Battle and Tornado that probably would struggle to justify a standalone.  If you are new to Tooth then the floppies are worth a gander.

What I would say though is that for the last year or so the meg has been on a definite high.  The quality of strips has sometimes outshone the prog.  There have been very few duffers of late.  This stands in stark contrast to meg's of yore.

Jim_Campbell

All of the above, plus the next issue is the landmark #400 — a 'jumping on' issue. It also has the return of 'Lawless', one of the best strips in either the Prog or Meg of recent years. If you were thinking of starting reading, I honestly couldn't recommend it enough.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SIP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 August, 2018, 10:26:10 PM
All of the above, plus the next issue is the landmark #400 — a 'jumping on' issue. It also has the return of 'Lawless', one of the best strips in either the Prog or Meg of recent years. If you were thinking of starting reading, I honestly couldn't recommend it enough.

Couldn't agree with Jim more on this.....the meg is consistently excellent.  Lawless is also my favourite story of recent years (....andthe artwork is consistently breathtaking) and worth the price of admission on its own.

broodblik

Quote from: SIP on 15 August, 2018, 10:33:21 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 August, 2018, 10:26:10 PM

Couldn't agree with Jim more on this.....the meg is consistently excellent.  Lawless is also my favourite story of recent years (....andthe artwork is consistently breathtaking) and worth the price of admission on its own.

Yes, I agree. The Meg is really excellent and a well balanced publication. Not only do you get at a few Dreddverse stories but also  stories that is little bit different like Strange Brigade (a strip based upon Rebellions up and coming video game). You also get some create diverse articles.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.