Main Menu

Name the old PC game

Started by Noisybast, 13 March, 2012, 12:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

We've been talking old games in work and for the life of me, I can't remember the name of one old PC game. I'm hoping the Hive Mind can. Google's been no bloody help at all. Here's what I do remember:

• Circa 1993-1994ish
  • Colourful third person fantasy adventure, set in a pleasantly sunny countryside environment.
  • I think the story was basically "You're lost in a strange place - find your way home"
  • Character models (player and monsters) were fairly basic, made up of spheres, but quite nicely animated.
  • Monsters were mostly annoying little goblin types, who mobbed you, but there were one or two larger monsters (I seem to recall a minotaur rushing me at one point).
  • The player character wasn't much of a fighter and on the odd occasion where you found a sword, you could barely lift the thing.
  • Pretty sure there was a sequel, possibly featuring slightly more detailed character models.

I'm ashamed to say I originally found this game on one of those big CDs full of pirate games that did the rounds in the early-mid 90s. In my defence, I've funnelled a lot of cash back into the games industry since then.

Any ideas?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

Little Big Adventure?

Noisybast

No, but it's around that era and a similar sort of game.
Perhaps not quite as quirky and a little more cinematic in scope.

Noisybast

Pyroxian, you beauty - that's the one!