Main Menu

Dante Collections

Started by Cthulouis, 05 June, 2008, 09:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

Hello all,

I was in Boarders the other day trying to order some of the Dante collections, and they seemed of the opinion that the first two were now out of print.

Now, if my memory serves me correctly, the first two were printed with DC, but then the partnership deal failed and so Rebellion published the next few on their own. I also remember that the paper and printing quality improved when Rebellion went solo, though I may just be imagining this.

If I'm not imagining any of the above, then if the first few books do go out of print, will they get republished with the nicer paper and printing of the later books?

Borrowing these books from one of our mates has got my girlfriend hooked on 2000ad, and I would love to get her copies of all the trades, but I am wary of buying the old ones at this point just in case they suddenly come out looking all shiny in a few months time!

Dark Jimbo

I think eventually most of the old out-of-print books will be republished in the new trade dress. It's happened to Slaine:Warrior's Dawn, Halo Jones, Bad Company 1, Button Man 1 and both of the early Rogue Trooper books.

There are probably a few that'll never get a reprint, simply because they didn't sell well enough the first time around, but that of course means that they aren't out of print so should still be available somewhere.

I'll be very surprised if the Dante books aren't repackagaed at some point.
@jamesfeistdraws