Main Menu

RoboCop - Murphy's Law

Started by JOE SOAP, 07 July, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

The very notion of disturbing the sacred tomb of this - the greatest film known to man - is an outrage and a disgrace. The mental pygmies that conceived this act of necrophilic depravity, should be strung up from the nearest lampost and set alight.

Then, the children can bask in the heat of the flames, and listen to their parents tell tales of ED-209, and that guy who said 'I'd buy that for a dollar', their eyes wide with wonderment, and glistening in the fading light.

bluemeanie

Ah.... ED-209.... you big, clunky looking, stop-motion bastard. How I love you!

Seeing that clip has made me wanna dig out the box set and watch Robocop again and hell... even Robocop 2. The third one can piss off though.

And on the remake, well not to depress you all but the original was 25 years ago.
I'll say that again so it can really sink into your soul... TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO! To take that far a step back would be like Robocop being a remake of a movie from 1962. So bearing that in mind I say go for it. It's been more than long enough

JOE SOAP

and Mad Max is 33 years old, although I would prefer if the new RoboCop was a proper sequel to the first and only good one; and why they're remaking that Judge Dredd film I'll never fathom.

Pete Wells

I'm sure on the special features of my Robocop DVD box set there's a woman making pizzas with her really horrible boobs. Is that right or was I dreaming?

JOE SOAP

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 11 July, 2012, 10:30:14 PM
The very notion of disturbing the sacred tomb of this - the greatest film known to man - is an outrage and a disgrace. The mental pygmies that conceived this act of necrophilic depravity, should be strung up from the nearest lampost and set alight.  Then, the children can bask in the heat of the flames, and listen to their parents tell tales of ED-209, and that guy who said 'I'd buy that for a dollar', their eyes wide with wonderment, and glistening in the fading light.

And there it is ladies and germs, the post of the year,  :lol: but also  :thumbsup:... and then some!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Hairwolf

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 11 July, 2012, 10:30:14 PM
The very notion of disturbing the sacred tomb of this - the greatest film known to man - is an outrage and a disgrace. The mental pygmies that conceived this act of necrophilic depravity, should be strung up from the nearest lampost and set alight.

Then, the children can bask in the heat of the flames, and listen to their parents tell tales of ED-209, and that guy who said 'I'd buy that for a dollar', their eyes wide with wonderment, and glistening in the fading light.

I'll buy that for a dollar

Apestrife

I wonder if they'll keep the Frankenstein qualites of the original, that gives the whole "clunky future" vibe enough charm to work. I think the brain implanted in a machine feels to ineffective to run such a spectacle as robocop since the devolpment of computers now days.

Maybe they'll let Murphy be alive this time, and let him roam the streets in more of a exo-skeleton or something. More Jesus than Monster.

Tiplodocus

Started DARK JUSTICE and gave up after ten minutes.  It seemed too hard to be trying to catch a twenty five year old vibe (well, probably fifteen when they were made).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

judgeblake

I didnt realise they'd bring a similar 'robot' back as a potential 'badguy' or tool of evil use for the remake.

Quote from: nuffsaid on 08 July, 2012, 08:59:42 AM
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 08 July, 2012, 04:16:44 AM
It looks like a slightly updated version of the old ED-209, could they not have put a bit more thought and originality into that new one?

Does anyone think it's good that it looks really digital...?

well it reminds me of the aesthetics they've employed in the remake of Total Rekall. 

judgeblake

SPOILERS

http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=42&sid=d33b9d431a6e33f4ee95f635f3aa6287
^ designs?

http://comics-x-aminer.com/2012/07/30/robocop-2013-concept-art-revealed/
^more designs/concept art??? I dont think the bottom pic is, as it looks too much more like Mass Effect, or something worn by the guys in Del Toro's Pacific Rim - but I like the design none the less.

with a few more actors jumping on board this film, I'm strangely looking forward to how they take Robocop on and if they fail massively in creating something as good as the original

Professor Bear

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16 July, 2012, 01:52:56 PM
Started DARK JUSTICE and gave up after ten minutes.  It seemed too hard to be trying to catch a twenty five year old vibe (well, probably fifteen when they were made).

I did warn you.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: judgeblake on 08 August, 2012, 11:43:40 PM
SPOILERS

http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=42&sid=d33b9d431a6e33f4ee95f635f3aa6287
^ designs?

http://comics-x-aminer.com/2012/07/30/robocop-2013-concept-art-revealed/
^more designs/concept art??? I dont think the bottom pic is, as it looks too much more like Mass Effect, or something worn by the guys in Del Toro's Pacific Rim - but I like the design none the less.

None of that art is official. It was on the web long before pre-production started.

judgeblake

JOE SOAP

Possibly 'bad script' review:

When this thing hits theaters, people are going to call up Len Wiseman's "Total Recall" on the phone and apologize for being so mean. "I'm sorry, 'Total Recall.' I had no idea how bad things could get. You're starting to look like a masterpiece right about now."

http://collider.com/robocop-remake-script-review/188614/