Main Menu

How big are the "new" Dredd case files?

Started by Apestrife, 15 July, 2012, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Hi!

I'v got some of the Dredd Case files, and it hit me that I don't have the one containing Apocalypse war. The number 5.

And now when I checked the internetz I found that the most common one is what belive an american version, this one

which looks, in my opinion, a lot better than the european(?) purple one

So, colors aside. Is it as big too? I'm thinking of buying it, but I want it to be as big as the orgin. case files.

Big as in the size of the book, not the number of pages.

The same goes with The day the law died and The cursed earth saga. These editions

They aren't some sort of pocket variants are they? Small ones. Because I like them as big books :)

IndigoPrime

The US Case Files are the same size as the European ones—they just have different covers/spines. The other collections you mentioned are pocket-book sized, so far smaller.

Apestrife

Thanks!

Then I'll probably buy both with the second case files collection, files 2 for cursed & law died and 5 for apo war.

I love the designs of the US ones, minimalistic yet striking.

IndigoPrime

I like the US designs, although it's worth noting wherever you got the UK image from is using the wrong one. This is CF5's proper cover:

Jared Katooie

Still the best Case File. Still the best Dredd story - despite some serious competition as of late.

Apestrife

Yes, it really pushes a lot of buttons. I don't think I'v come across any story that portrayed the madness of such sort of war that well actually, at least not in how mindblowing it is. Everything from leaving killed sov-conspirators as example, a suicide jump to destroy the bridge to the each one of the half a billion dead (Oh, how bad I felt for the peaceful earth that was destroyed  :'(), it's just insane. All of it.

And really, it's a story that's really interesting/fun to discuss with people.

And man, what I'd do for a HBO Apocalypse now/Dr Strangelove adaption of it ;) Drokk me!

The Bissler

The Block Mania / Apocalypse War arc is my favourite of all Dredd that I've read to date (though I have only read as far as CF 19).  I remember finding Block Mania particularly funny before taking a much sombre tone towards the conclusion.  The Apocalypse War I just found to be the most riveting Dredd tale ever - and I think that Carlos Ezquerra's achievement in brilliantly illustrating a tale of that scope and length is staggering.  Truly wonderful.

Danbo

Anyone know when the new case file is coming out?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

HdE

Oooh, that's a subject of MUCHO speculation!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Borntohula on 16 July, 2012, 11:03:58 PM
Yes, it really pushes a lot of buttons. I don't think I'v come across any story that portrayed the madness of such sort of war that well actually, at least not in how mindblowing it is. Everything from leaving killed sov-conspirators as example, a suicide jump to destroy the bridge to the each one of the half a billion dead (Oh, how bad I felt for the peaceful earth that was destroyed  :'(), it's just insane. All of it.

And really, it's a story that's really interesting/fun to discuss with people.

And man, what I'd do for a HBO Apocalypse now/Dr Strangelove adaption of it ;) Drokk me!

It's astonishing in so many ways.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105