Main Menu

What are the Most Cyberpunk like stories of Dredd or other 2000ad stories?

Started by metalmarc, 12 November, 2017, 12:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalmarc

On a bit of a Cyberpunk kick at the moment (this year we had gits live action, bladerunner 2049, Blame! Was On netflix, battle angel alita live action movie is coming soon, Deus Ex Mankind divided was recent as well as ruiner game and still awaiting Cyberpunk 2077 from cdpr in the near future! Etc)

I know all of Judge Dredd is Cyberpunk/Dystopian

But what are the stories that most resemble something out of Bladerunner or that futuristic Neo Noire type setting or stuff related to the above to read?

Technically it could be all of it, but if you had to pick a few to read.

Dark Jimbo

If you haven't already read them, I think you'd really dig the Dreddworld spin-offs Simping Detective, Lenny Zero and Low Life - all extremely 'Noir', for the most part... The likes of Marauder and Bato Loco also have a great line in 'seedy underbelly' type stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws

metalmarc

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 November, 2017, 01:06:10 PM
If you haven't already read them, I think you'd really dig the Dreddworld spin-offs Simping Detective, Lenny Zero and Low Life - all extremely 'Noir', for the most part... The likes of Marauder and Bato Loco also have a great line in 'seedy underbelly' type stuff.

Thanks added to wishlist

Fungus

Don't know what 'cyberpunk' means... but perhaps Night Zero and its sequels. Noirish, enjoyable stuff.

Art

HARDWARE is the most cyberpunk like story that is like a Dredd or 2000ad story, and there was a legal case to prove it.

sheridan

Visually, I think the stories most like Bladerunner (not seen the new one yet) would be those illustrated by Will Simpson, before he went off to do Game of Thrones...

sheridan

Barney

• Bloodline
  • A Letter to Judge Dredd
would be my noirish of his work.

metalmarc

Ahh great suggestions guys and thank you

Also just in time for that sale too off to get me some lenny zero etc

O Lucky Stevie!

That first book of Universal Soldier --the one with the Will Simpson art-- was pure quill, main street cyberpunk what with the brain implants & shadow-y mega-corp pulling strips in the background.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

CalHab

Milligan and Dayglo's Counterfeit Girl is an obvious recent cyberpunk story.

Dark Jimbo

Spurrier and Elson's 'The Scrap' fits the bill pretty well, too.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bolt-01

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

WhizzBang

In a similar vein, I once read something where Pat Mills pointed out that the aesthetic he and Kevin O'Neill used for Nemesis the Warlock (especially The Gothic Empire) would be called Steam Punk today although the term didn't exist at the time of creation.

Link Prime