Main Menu

DreddCon VI Photos

Started by Scottiepunk, 02 October, 2005, 04:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

you can see Matt thinking 'oh my God'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Diaz57/dc6_pf_9.jpg">

Queen Firey-Bou

hurrah, max made Tharg laugh... or was is hide his head in horror?

Max Kon

i can't tell for sure as i was looking into space as i made my mental pitch, but i definately heard laughter from his direction

Bolt-01

From what I've heard of this pitch it was a definite 'hide me' moment.

Max should be ashamed of himself :)

Bolt-01 who missed it cause he was stuck in the bar with Glenn Fabry.

Max Kon

i say nothing actually dirty. i left it up to all of your's imaginations. Implied dirtyness, it's the way to go.

Bart Oliver

Max entertained Mary and myself with the "Banana (Monkey?) Love" story in the curry house after Shedcon.

Little did we know when Max got up in the last moments of Pitchfest and took the mic it was going to be his pitch until he uttered the words (and I paraphrase here) 'open on a close-up of a bruised banana..'

Max, you should really consider scripting it, seriously, it'll be good exercise and judging by Frazer's reaction he may appreciate a copy ;)

Obviously you're not a golfer.

paulvonscott

Ah, those pictures are priceless.

I don't need to know the details of this story though.

Max Kon

oh, you'll see them when the video goes online. :D mwahaha!

comic fan

Bit empty in the pitch-fest room!

Was there a fire alarm going off at the time? LOL

Sorry, just a joke.

comic fan

Hope no-one minds me saying this, but these pitch-fest photos are unintentionally hilarious.

Matt Smith:
"And the winner of pitch-fest is James Smith. Yes, he won with an idea called 'how to empty a room in 20 seconds'."

LOL

Hmm....

Quirkafleeg

The crowd was on the other side of the room... hopefully you will see this when I sort my photos

Dan Kelly

They had also scheduled Brendan McCarthy in the sketch/signing room at the same time.  Although I didn't see any sketches from him...

Dan

+rufus+

I got THE McCArthy sketch for Mr Umpty. Will scan tonight.
Dredd....mmmmmm ...McCarthyism.....
Rufus

judge dreddd

i have a pic of the trooper but knowhere to host it, email me if you want it dudes

Art

Do you like Cats?

The pitchfest room did feel a bit empty, probably being the least well attended of the ecents with only 20-30 people (which looks very small in that large hall), but previous years haven't drawn all that many more people. I get the feeling numbers were down all round.

From the pitchfests and the scriptdroids group I get the feeling taht a lot of people who got interrested in trying to get into 2000AD when Andy Diggle opened the gates (by printing teh guidelines, etc) have since given up and off.

Since the winter special is printing the guidelines again I'm guessing we might see a new batch of people taking an interest, and the cycle beginning again...