Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred twentieth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1985 2000AD Annual. This is the eighth 2000AD annual and we're seeing a great combination of new stories and classic thrills in these pages.

This episode Conrad is joined by one of our own 2000AD Forums member and Liverpool supporter Colin YNWA!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 06 September, 2018, 12:02:39 PM

In our thrilling hundred twentieth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1985 2000AD Annual. This is the eighth 2000AD annual and we're seeing a great combination of new stories and classic thrills in these pages.

This episode Conrad is joined by one of our own 2000AD Forums member and Liverpool supporter Colin YNWA!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

My first annual, looking forward to listening to that tonight.

Colin YNWA

Lobo Baggins

Gasp!  All this time... I've been reading Colin YNWA as Colin YMCA and never noticed!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Bolt-01

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 September, 2018, 01:31:12 PM
I'm sorry

Thanks for coming on the show! I thought it turned out pretty well!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Bolt-01
link=topic=44366.msg991191#msg991191
date=1536240022

sigh... Young man!

There's no need to feel down...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Leigh S

The McMahon Slaine art was used as the cover of the mockup of "ZARJAZ", the aborted 2000AD more adult spin off  - Pat Mills talks about it in the preview of "Kiss My Axe" being shown off at a comics convention I think, which pissd him off as ir was being bandied about before the strip had debuted....

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 September, 2018, 10:49:46 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 06 September, 2018, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 September, 2018, 02:20:22 PM
sigh... Young man!

There's no need to feel down...

I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground

For more information on this please see our 29th episode!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and twenty-first episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 387-390 of 2000AD, covering October and November of 1984. This week we're starting all new stories, as Dredd questions his judgement, Ace trucking goes on strike, the helltrekk begins, and Nemesis visits the Gothic Empire!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Lobo Baggins

Tim Sell is an illustrator rather than a comics artist - you may remember him from the Fighting Fantasy series, particularly the murder spree epic, Forest of Doom.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

sheridan

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 10 September, 2018, 01:07:39 PM
Tim Sell is an illustrator rather than a comics artist - you may remember him from the Fighting Fantasy series, particularly the murder spree epic, Forest of Doom.

Aren't they all murder sprees?

Funt Solo

the murder spree epic, Forest of Doom.

When I first got into D&D, it was the old Basic Set from 1981, and it came with a bundled adventure module: B2 - The Keep on the Borderlands.

The basic story was that you get tooled up in the Keep and then go to this terraced wilderness area that housed a whole bunch of humanoid creatures: kobolds, goblins, bugbears, orcs and so on.  These guys were all living peacefully in their various tunnels, and the module even listed the amount of non-combatants in each location.  There was no story about them causing any harm to anyone.

Then you systematically murder them all and steal their treasures.  So, like, Genocide on the Borderlands.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 10 September, 2018, 10:27:47 PM
the murder spree epic, Forest of Doom.

When I first got into D&D, it was the old Basic Set from 1981, and it came with a bundled adventure module: B2 - The Keep on the Borderlands.

The basic story was that you get tooled up in the Keep and then go to this terraced wilderness area that housed a whole bunch of humanoid creatures: kobolds, goblins, bugbears, orcs and so on.  These guys were all living peacefully in their various tunnels, and the module even listed the amount of non-combatants in each location.  There was no story about them causing any harm to anyone.

Then you systematically murder them all and steal their treasures.  So, like, Genocide on the Borderlands.

Dude, the clue was in the name - nothing good ever came out of the Caves of Chaos (though our version had loads of pit ponies which I freed).