Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CURRENT - POOL 3 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 October, 2020, 06:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huey2

I, Cosh

No question about Phil Winslade for the first spot. The insane amounts of detail he gets into those monochrome pages is a joy.

Nicolo Assirelli next because of the way he colours.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Well obviuosly its Phil Winslade and one other, but who do you want to go through the Lawless master? Let us know before tomorrow morning when I'll close the vote and count up.

Dark Jimbo

Nick Dyer (great cartooning, lovely to see a former fanziner done good) and Nicolo Assirelli (lovely facial expressions and colours). Winslade clearly doesn't need my vote here, and I've never loved Percival's wishy-washy CG stuff with its very abstract backgrounds.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - but I think we have a possible contenter to reflect on here.

For much of this vote this pool was the Winslade n Percival Show, which for once I'd called correctly, but as it went the other folks started draw votes, which I'm so happy about as Dyer wouid have got my second vote and I was close to selecting Assirelli.

Of note as well is how clear the vote for Phil Winslade was. Only chris Weston so far has been such a clear winner and I wonder if we hve a rea contender here as his work on Lawless has been so singularly brilliant and poplar.

Anyway into Round 1 go:

Phil Winslade

Nick Percival