Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CURRENT - POOL 4 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 October, 2020, 06:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

Dom Reardon. Any colour other than black makes an artist a coward. Except for that time he did those incredible watercolour episodes of Ten Seconders.

After that, Staz Johnson I suppose.
We never really die.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Andy B

Dark Jimbo

Don Reardon - just so effortlessly his own artist, beholden to nobody. Just wish he did more gorgeous colour work. Staz Johnson - recognisable, individual style that's full of detail.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Tomorrow I'm going to count this up
Going close this down
So run ya vote in
Todayyyy, soon....

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

This one really split the votes as all the artists here were amongst lots of folks favourites and here I thoguht both my votes would get through for once, being Dom Reardon (who did) and Dan Cornwell who alas didn't. With Staz Johnson quite understandably getting more votes.

So into the tourney proper go:

Dom Reardon

Staz Johnson

broodblik

This was a quite difficult pool to select from:

Karl Richardson - I for me a very underrated artist. He does  not always get the credit but he is always reliable.

Dan Cornwell - His portfolio is growing with each entry. At first I did like his art but it is growing on me. The turn around for me came when he did Max Normal last year.

I actually see any of these artists worthy of going to the next round.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.