Main Menu

Dreddcon plea...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 26 September, 2005, 12:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

I'm not going to be able to attend Dreddcon this year, and looking through the schedule it seems like I'm going to be missing a fair few great artists.

Is there any chance someone who is attending would be able to take along another sketchbook and grab a few sketches for me? I don't have much to offer in return, though I've got copies of The Filth and Persepolis II that are free to a good home, and I've got some other comic odds & ends that you'd be welcome to.

Thanks in advance!

ukdane

heh, and a third for me- I want to add to my collection of Rogue Trooper images.
Cheers!
Cheers

-Daney

Matt Timson

Fucking hell- I can't even be arsed to queue up for my own benefit- never mind yours!

;)
Pffft...

ukdane

but then YOU CAN draw...

... will you do it for me now Mr T?
Cheers

-Daney

Wils

.. will you do it for me now Mr T?

You ain't gettin' him in no queue, sucka. ;)

The Amstor Computer

Fights. The. Urge. To open. Photoshop!

;-)

Matt Timson

Heh...  Alan Davis was at Bristol this year and I really, *really* wanted to get him to draw me something as he's the only artist I've stuck with from the outset.  I knew that there'd be a queue- but it was Alan Davis and therefore, in my mind, worth the hassle of mingling with the unwashed and sweaty to get myself a sketch.

I kept telling myself that as I passed up on just about everyone else, but when it came to it, I took one look at the queue and that was the end of that.

God among men or not, I just couldn't be arsed!

(I saw him in the bar later on with a fresh pint in his hand- he was on his own and looked a bit lost- absolutely ripe for that gushing fanboy experience- but I just didn't have the bottle.  I've happily passed the time of day with more than a few creators in the past, but totally blew the chance to talk to the one artist I rate above all others.  Typical)
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

Couldnt you get Molcher to queue for you?

Matt Timson

Oddly enough, I was going to queue for Mulcher as he was on a stall.  Needless to say, that fell by the wayside...
Pffft...

Queen Firey-Bou

queing for hours & hours may be frustrating, as i tend to miss talks & the likes, but its all rather zen, simply stand still for many hours , smug in the inner glow that you will have the sketch books of infinite joy, and the sweeet experience of watching the artists at work, which i love!

mind you i have an almost obbsessive ability to be stubbornly patient, i travel many hundreds of miles & skip many pies for the privilage of that queing & i will damn well queue.  record was 2 hours , but hell i'll be blushing & giggling over 'that' sketch when i'm a great granny.

caressess sketchbooks cackling.

Richmond Clements

Ah, JEB, you should have joined the queue, you really should...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/rac11/aldavis.jpg">

Bolt-01

aye, you really should...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Bolt-01/2005BristolAlanDavisMarvelman.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

BOUNCE!

Just in case anyone out there is generous enough to pick up some sketches for me - any or all of the bundle below is free to anyone who can help!

The Demon Ororon Vol. 1
Priest Vol. 1
The Filth
Persepolis Vol. 2
The 9/11 Commission Report

colcool007

Personally, any sketch from the guys for me is gold-dust. As things have gone Pete Tong and we can't attend any spare sketches would be gratefully received. Give our love and hugs to all that are there and even give King Trout an 'in absentia' hug!

Colin & Karen

PS.
  Firey-Bou, if you stop drawing, then I will fly up to God's country and castigate you!

Queen Firey-Bou

firey-Bou pulls that wary scary face & scurries for the dictionary to decipher this castigation malarkie.  collecting a defensive fineliner from the pencil case just in case....

again sketch fans, people have gotten me sketches before which was very very very nice of them, but personally ? i doubt i could give away a precious sketch that i'd watched be created, not for all the GNs in china.