Main Menu

Thank Tharg it's Christmas!!!!!!

Started by 2000AD Online, 07 December, 2004, 10:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

That is a fucking ACE cover :-)

Much better than last year, and much better than the preview image in the back of the prog suggested.

Langley's work in Slaine is beginning to appeal to me - I'll have to wait and see it in the flesh, but it looks much better than last time around. Cabs, Dante and Sin/Dex all look gorgeous, and they should stack up in the story department as well. Not sure about Robo-Hunter, though. The art is still very empty...

Like the "hit videogame" bit, though. Nice to see some confidence ;-)

Tordelbach

Cover is more 'White Dwarf' interior than all those cited... Mark Harrison back to 'tooning!  Oh happy day!

And Langley produces Tooth's first photo strip since Nemesis wandered into Forbiddne Planet..

Grant Goggans

Wow.  Mark Harrison's Drucker influence has been apparent for years, but I've never spotted Jack Davis in his work before now.

I don't much like it.  It's too cluttered, and the perspective doesn't flatter it.  Very cute likenesses though.

--Grant

Tordelbach

Just spent a bit longer studying Harrison's cover - it's blimmin' marvellous!  Santa Wulf, Sam and Slaine pulling a cracker, brooding Savage, Dante groping Jenny, it's the most entertaining cover in ages!  

Floyd-the-k

I don`t see why it`s an improvement. I like the prog 2001 cover much better. As someone says above, at least it`s jovial, in a very Mad magazine way

Jared Katooie

I think the cover for prog 2003 looked much better than any of the others. It was second best. 2000 was best followed by 2004, 2001 and then 2002 which was awful.

Darren Stephens

That covers terrible. Looks far too overcrowded and rushed. Meh. Slaine and Caballistics look great, though!
Darren
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Tu-plang

There's not a lot in the prog, is there?  Looks like six stories.

Smiley

H'mm. So it is only six after all? Could be they're all double-length or there's going be a LOT of murky screenshots and wireframe Norts, unless there's a few surprises in Tharg's sack.

Max Kon

erm... If anyone had read the inside back cover of the prog you would know that there are 7 confermed stories 'plus much, much more!'

Smiley

Not everyone subscribes or lives in the U.K., Max, and often rely on the site.

Max Kon

just pointing out that there are more than six, and wondering why no-one else got their first.

paulvonscott

"And in addition, to bring the wonderful world of 2000 AD to your home as easily as possible, we have our best subscription offer yet, but we're not telling anyone the details. Call it a Christmas surprise!"

Well, I am thinking of subscribing again.  So I'll wait and see what it is.

Oh well, better dash, so I can get this weeks prog.

ukdane

"lot's lot's more" normally means Nerve Centre, (possibly) input page, and a few adverts.

I agree with Jared on his run down of the top covers.

Although I do think that 2005 is better than 2002, and probably 2004.
Cheers

-Daney

Grant Goggans

It looks like seven double-length stories:

Dredd
Caballistics Inc
Sinister Dexter
Robo-Hunter (these four are self-contained)
Slaine
Second City Blues
Nikolai Dante (these three are the premiere parts of new stories)

Not sure what joins the lineup with 1420 in January though.  Low Life, possibly?

--Grant