Main Menu

The Boys TV series - Karl Urban cast as Butcher

Started by Steve Green, 06 April, 2018, 09:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

This may be enough to tempt me back to Amazon prime

moogie101

Love the comics & that teaser genuinely made me smile at the end. If done right this could be superb.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 December, 2018, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 November, 2018, 12:55:37 PM
Any further word on this?

They want you to play Monkey.

I was thinking he'd be better suited to playing Wee Hughie's landlord.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Sounds like Hughie's a yank here. Ah well, I can live with that. Still looks very promising

Richard

I hope it's better than the Preacher tv show, but it's made by the same people.

JayzusB.Christ

I gave up on Preacher halfway through the second series. But then, the source material got on my tits a bit too.

At least there's a few f-bombs thrown about in that The Boys trailer.  The Preacher series seemed a bit odd without them.  I know swearing isn't big or clever or necessary for a good show, but, well, it's Preacher.

Richard

The trouble with Preacher is that most of the source material is fantastic, but the TV people chose the most boring stories from the comic -- Odin Quincannon, and all the stuff in New Orleans. Then they made up a whole sub-plot about Arseface and Hitler which wasn't in the comic and  was boring and added nothing. Bizarre choices, and a squandered opportunity.

Funt Solo

For me, Preacher was all about movement: a road comic.  That the series chose to ground it in a single location speaks to a studios need for a core cast & a set that doesn't shift around too much.  Which is all fine, but it's not really Preacher.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Not too worried here about Hughie not being Scottish (Simon Pegg playing his dad makes me happy enough) but I really hope Butcher still talks like Michael Caine.  Otherwise he'll just be another Negan.