Main Menu

Subscriber free gifts.

Started by Mattofthespurs, 19 December, 2018, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

hmmm, what if monthly subscribers were able to log in to the rebellion site with subs number and thereby purchase the subscription incentive (whatever it may be) at the, presumably, reduced cost.

Would that be a prohibitive thing to set-up?

just wondering as many of the incentives are items I'd not personally go for, but if there 'was' one- I'd be miffed if I couldn't even purchase it despite paying every month for over 15 years...

Colin YNWA

Well much to my surprise yesterday popped to the neighbours to pick up packages which I just assumed were christmas gifted that had not yet landed and much to my surprise amongst them was the John Higgins Prints set - in a rather lovely box I have to say.

Now the reason this was a surprise is I've never got one of the sub. gifts before. I've been a physical Prog annual sub for 10 years, an annual digital Meg for the last 3 or 4 as well. Never worried about it as I always accepted that by far the best deal for Rebellion is to get money in the bank ahead of time for the year and so they gave gifts as an insentives to push folks towards buying both phyiscal items for max return. That option doesn't work for me (though damned I'm as close as can be!) and so happy for those that get them.

This landing has just been a nice bonus. I do wonder if my getting it has anything to do with the fact that the Block War card game landed at the same time (judging by the postmarks from the same place) and this somehow triggered someone to look at my account and send the prints? Who knows. Anyway given that a third package was the fourth Dante hardcover from Hatchette quite the haul for me last night!

Eamonn Clarke

Mine have just arrived as well. Two year combi sub, renewal date about a month ago.

NapalmKev

Received mine this morning as well and it is indeed lovely. I have an annual combi subscription so I should also be getting the Cam Kennedy prints which are apparently available early in 2019. Thanks Tharg and Rebellion.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

BPP

Actually is this the John Higgins subscribers gift OR a special Xmas gift from Tharg?

The advert for the Kennedy / Higgins subs gift has that great Higgins dread cover from when the format changed around prog 520. This has 'just' the Al Ewing / Higgins choose your own Dredd story and one Dredd-Xmas cover card. Making me think it's a different and awesome thing.

Thanks Tharg either ways!
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Buttonman on 20 December, 2018, 07:13:16 PMThey may therefore take it as a new subscription each year rather than a DD payer who has one long continuous sub. Seems a bit unfair but maybe it's hard to monitor each year as they rollover. Still  a simple programme should be able to flag who has 12 month's service for each year.
I'm on a DD rollover. Rebellion is VERY good about this compared to every other sub I've ever had. You get 'warning' emails about the payment several months out. So you get one saying your payment will be taken in three months, two months and one month. There's plenty of time to change your mind, and no surprise at the next payment happening.

As for free gifts, I got the Higgins one through the post yesterday.

Tjm86

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 December, 2018, 02:53:00 PM
hmmm, what if monthly subscribers were able to log in to the rebellion site with subs number ....

Well that bit is already there.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I changed to an annual sub to get the gifts.
Lock up your spoons!

Tomwe

Hadn't been expecting them but I too got the Higgins set today. Been an annual 2000ad-only subber for around 5yrs

Buttonman

Got mine yesterday too -renewal not until April/May so it looks like if you have the annual sub you get the gift when it becomes available.

blixab

Received my John Higgins one too and a rather nice box set it is. Any ideas when the Cam Kennedy one should arrive as I'd have thought they would both have been shipped at the same time to reduce postage costs?

Dandontdare

I thought it was a pot-luck one or the other deal.

Got mine too - it's a lovely thing, but an odd beast. Unless you plan to mount the entire strip on a wall, what are you supposed to do with it? I'd have preferred a set of covers or splash pages.

Proudhuff

Understand the Marketing thing of up selling but...
Sigh, keeping on paying monthly... for both, still it's the thrills thrills that count.
It would be good if a years of stubbies were acknowledged
DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

Quote from: blixab on 23 December, 2018, 11:35:14 AM
Received my John Higgins one too and a rather nice box set it is. Any ideas when the Cam Kennedy one should arrive as I'd have thought they would both have been shipped at the same time to reduce postage costs?

Apparently  the Cam Kennedy prints should be sent out by the end of January.