Main Menu

Off topic threads

Started by Wake, 10 February, 2005, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

Back to normal. I've left a copy of the segregated alternative on the site so people can have a look, or even bookmark it.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: Message Index (with off-topic segregated)

longmanshort

I think that's a much better idea, Wake. That way, you can have the board you want without imposing it on others.

Maybe have links at the top of the page marked 'On-topic threads only' or 'On/off topic'?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Oddboy

Well I liked it!

I'll be using the seg. version methinks.

Although to note, that only 1 off_topic thread has been used in the last few minutes, and many on_topic threads have been!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Jared Katooie

Wake, please keep the option for seperate off-topic posts if possible.

Thankew.

Art

Well people could stop posting every last damn thing that comes into their minds as threads. I mean, I'm sorry to be harsdh - but Jesus, listen to you people "I'm going on holiday", " I've bought a new pair of socks", "Some bloke you've never heard, and, sad to say, will never care about is dead".

I understand as much as anyone that we're all fairly social types and not every post is going to be strictly relevant to 2K, and it would be boring if it did, but not every subject is that interesting either. It's not your blog and I don't particvularly care about your weekly shopping trip to Tescos or whatever, unless you happened to get abducted by aliens along the way.

Bico

I don't give a monkeys, but I have to admit that I prefer the unsegregated version, as it means I only have to glance quickly at the messageboard to pick up if anything else has been said on a given topic.

I don't understand the hostility towards off-topic in general - no-one's *forcing* you to read any of the threads.

Art

I dunno, maybe it's because they're like a vione choking the life out of the board? And as I;ve said, I've a pretty high tolerance fopr the off-topic. I thrive on it even, it's just the utterly inane I can't stand.

therev

Nope I think it should stay as it is.

Trout

Awwwww. I missed it! I had to work. Busy day today.

Anyway, I want to add a couple of things.

Firstly, I'm very sorry if I created work for Wake. I didn't intend to.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that nobody has heard my opinion yet, because I haven't expressed it. The "wax on-topic" thread begins with me asking for people's opinions.

I'm unsure on the subject of a separate section, but I would like the worst offenders to regulate their behaviour a little.

- Trout

Richmond Clements

Now we've got two threads of people ranting about how much they love/hate the off topic threads...
It's like Big Brother all over again!!!

opaque

Having the option to choose solves it all doesn't it?

Bolt-01

Missed all this, and I think I'm glad really.

The board can stay in it's original format for me, I imagine that people can just decide what threads they are going to follow and act accordingly.

Bolt-01

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Pete Wells

Yup, I missed it too but am pleased there's no change. I like getting involved in all the 2000ad stuff but also see this board as a great place to go if I need help with other things (especially techy stuff) in a nice, non sarcastic way or if I just want to get things off my chest.

Cheers for keeping it on and off topic Wake!

Pete.

Devons Daddy

good idea wake
this will enable now boarders to see a more structured 2000ad message board. but allow the more insane amongst us to see the stuff we enjoy as well.

as always another fine upgrade to the 2000ad site experience.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!