Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Jade Falcon

I've got my Flesh from WH Smith's.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 28 October, 2020, 05:21:20 PM
I've got my Flesh from WH Smith's.

Ohh, that phrase brings back mammaries.

Greg M.

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 27 October, 2020, 11:32:14 PM
I'm guessing Tyranny Rex is another dinosaur related volume, but not connected with Flesh.
Nope - she's a somewhat amoral reptilian lady with a tail, who undertakes increasingly bizarre and disturbing adventures. Until she becomes a nun. And then it really gets good.

Jade Falcon

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

cropsy13

I wonder if Mambo will be in the extension

Anthony Garnon

My issues 81 and issue 82 arrived this morning. Sadly no replacement included for the misprint on Savage.

leethomson

A few people on Facebook saying the same.

IndigoPrime

Left hand/right hand. On the plus side, I look forward to my copies rocking up. (No mail today, alas.)

Bad Andy

Yeah - no Savage replacement for me.

I'm going to have to pause my subscription. The economic climate needs me to tighten my belt.

IndigoPrime

My copies also arrived today (81/82—no corrected Savage). The Facebook page has ceased marketing and turned the page over "to the fans", which I'm sure will end well. They're still doing customer service via Messenger.

Tomontherun94

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 November, 2020, 10:43:09 AM
My copies also arrived today (81/82—no corrected Savage). The Facebook page has ceased marketing and turned the page over "to the fans", which I'm sure will end well. They're still doing customer service via Messenger.

Yeah they did that with the Transformers collection around the time of that extension (of course that was only for 20 extra issues rather than 60). They still respond to FB messages and community posts however.

IndigoPrime

Response from customer support re Savage (arriving only ~90 mins after I asked):

QuoteI do apologise about this. This should have been sent with issues 81 - 82 and we are currently in the process of chasing this up for yourself and all customers to get a further update.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 November, 2020, 01:40:25 PM
Response from customer support re Savage (arriving only ~90 mins after I asked):

QuoteI do apologise about this. This should have been sent with issues 81 - 82 and we are currently in the process of chasing this up for yourself and all customers to get a further update.

Similar response to me. In the past I remember the Horned God reprint was sent on its own so perhaps its just on its way. What's more worrying is that image on FB of the reprinted edition being itself wrong:

IndigoPrime

Yikes. Yet another good reason why these books should never both with the spine art. Boo's work is great, but the company lacks the quality control to do this properly. They lopped the bottom of the image off and keep messing up. I get they want to keep people buying, so, sure, whack massive numbers on the spines or something. But series names would be better than this mess. (I'm still wondering if there might be a viable way to add custom ones myself beyond sleeves/jackets. Probably not, alas. They'd always look like stickers.)