Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

For all the Intestinauts fans, Pye Parr is teasing more coming soon:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

I wanna make a pointed joke towards b##on but thats more 2002 kidsamurai me rather than 2020 the monarch me  :lol:

I do wonder how far in advance the solcits were written before this year kinda happened

broodblik

I think this year was a very special year for screwing up advance planning.  Almost every time a what is coming was published only about three quarters of it was actually released at the planned time. I am glad I do not need to try to set these schedules and do the planning.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

I see that the 2000AD website's December what is coming has been updated slightly:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-december/

Slaine is now looking like it will start in the Xmas prog and Fiends has already started so this has been removed from the schedule

Dash Decent

Judge Fear's Big Day Out And Other Stories - Paperback, 416 pages, 12th November 2020

New anthology collecting the very best prose stories from the pages of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

A shopping mall where droids sell organs harvested from street trash...
A murderous imaginary friend...
A psychotic composer drafting music from pain...
All in a day's work for the Lawman of the Future.

Judge Fear's Big Day Out and Other Stories gathers the very best short stories from more than a decade of the Judge Dredd Megazine, including stories by legends Alan Grant, Gordon Rennie and Simon Spurrier, among countless others...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

hippynumber1

Wrong thread, I know, but I wasn't sure where else to ask - does anybody know why I can't get "Concrete Surfer" in paperback from the store but I can elsewhere? I would much rather give Rebellion my money than Amazon.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 September, 2020, 09:18:19 PM
Wrong thread, I know, but I wasn't sure where else to ask - does anybody know why I can't get "Concrete Surfer" in paperback from the store but I can elsewhere? I would much rather give Rebellion my money than Amazon.

I wonder if its sold out at the warehouse and so is only available from those that have bought from there. Suggest snapping it now would be a good idea as they might not be able to restock?

This is of course guess work.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tomwe on 22 September, 2020, 01:14:02 PM
WOW! I LOVE this cover!

Another barnstorming bumper 100-page Christmas issue sees out the year

Super-intelligent ape Noam Chimpsky tangles with Judge Dredd again in "Three Kings" by Ken Niemand and PJ Holden;

Johnny Alpha has a Kreeler scientist in his sights in "Once Upon a Time in Der Vest" by Rob Williams and Laurence Campbell;

Proteus Vex returns to investigate secrets from the past in "The Shadow Chancellor" by Mike Carroll and Jake Lynch;

former Chief Judge Hershey's quest of vengeance continues in the next arc "The Brutal" by Rob Williams and Simon Fraser;

we return to Deadworld for a series of short tales in "Visions of Deadworld" by Kek-W and Dave Kendall;

the origin story of Captain Constanta is revealed in Fiends of the Eastern Front: "Constanta" by Ian Edginton and Tiernen Trevallion;

and we catch up with the Survival Geeks for a one-off story, courtesy of Gordon Rennie, Emma Beeby and Neil Googe.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Either Constanta is a much longer run than I expected, or that will have something else in its place. Maybe that's when Slaine will eventually show up?

At this point I'd be all for just releasing the new Slaine as an "original hardback graphic novel" and seeing if the demand was there for further "not in the prog" graphic novels.

SBT

broodblik

Accordingly to the updated what's coming in December Slaine will (most likely) be back in prog 2212: https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-december/

Max Headroom

Can anyone say with any authority if Slaine will be coming back to the Prog soon? Also, could the delay be indefinite and something to do with Pat Mills leaving for pastures new?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Max Headroom on 04 October, 2020, 09:41:03 PM
Can anyone say with any authority if Slaine will be coming back to the Prog soon? Also, could the delay be indefinite and something to do with Pat Mills leaving for pastures new?

While I'm not aware of anything offical being said it seems most likely from what we do know its down to delays on the art side and nothing more sinister than that? We do know that Leonardo Manco is redrawing stuff (via Pat Mills) and who knows how that fits in with his schedule. So that still seems the most likely reason?

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 October, 2020, 09:47:13 PM

While I'm not aware of anything offical being said it seems most likely from what we do know its down to delays on the art side and nothing more sinister than that? We do know that Leonardo Manco is redrawing stuff (via Pat Mills) and who knows how that fits in with his schedule. So that still seems the most likely reason?

In prog 2202 letters page Slaine is "confirmed" for the xmas prog.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 07 October, 2020, 04:01:50 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 October, 2020, 09:47:13 PM

In prog 2202 letters page Slaine is "confirmed" for the xmas prog.

To be fair its been kinda confirmed before.

broodblik

That is why I wrote "confirmed" and not confirmed :) As always the proof is in the pudding.