Main Menu

That gum you like is going to come back in style -

Started by JOE SOAP, 15 May, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Arriving for the first time on stunning High Definition Blu-ray with English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on July 29th, this comprehensive collection contains every episode from the complete television series; both the U.S. and international versions of the series' Pilot; the North American Blu-ray debut of Lynch's follow-up feature Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me...

Along with a newly transferred version of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, created from a 4K scan of the original negative, TWIN PEAKS – THE ENTIRE MYSTERY Blu-ray box set boasts the long-awaited missing pieces from the original version of the film – nearly an hour-and-a-half of deleted/alternate scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me – often referred to as the "holy grail" of Twin Peaks fandom. This feature-length experience has been directed and edited by Lynch exclusively for this release. Capping off more than 30 deleted/alternate scenes is an epilogue providing a fascinating glimpse beyond the cliffhanger finale of the TV series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5EqPZMZO4s

http://collider.com/twin-peaks-blu-ray-trailer/

http://andthemissingpieces.tumblr.com/

TordelBack

I fear I may have to buy a BluRay player at last.

Professor Bear

If it doesn't include the Scooby Doo episode set in the Red Room, then as far as I'm concerned this is an incomplete collection.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Professor Bear on 15 May, 2014, 11:52:24 PM
If it doesn't include the Scooby Doo episode set in the Red Room, then as far as I'm concerned this is an incomplete collection.

Well I never! That that exists makes me very happy!

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 May, 2014, 11:32:01 PM
Along with a newly transferred version of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, created from a 4K scan of the original negative, TWIN PEAKS – THE ENTIRE MYSTERY Blu-ray box set boasts the long-awaited missing pieces from the original version of the film – nearly an hour-and-a-half of deleted/alternate scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me – often referred to as the "holy grail" of Twin Peaks fandom. This feature-length experience has been directed and edited by Lynch exclusively for this release. Capping off more than 30 deleted/alternate scenes is an epilogue providing a fascinating glimpse beyond the cliffhanger finale of the TV series.

YES PLEASE. Just to derail the thread, I've never bothered with a bluray player either. I always figured I'd buy one when the price dropped under £50, but my DVD player still works and I've got a crap telly, so I don't see the point.

Keef Monkey

Oh man, I saw that this was happening and figured I would get it sometime down the line, but I didn't know about all the bonus footage. Now I think I'm going to have to buy this now for sure. Quite excited to watch the whole thing again.

Link Prime

Damn, only bought the series two DVD recently-ish.

However- it's a must buy.
The Heather Graham / Annie Blackburn deleted scenes (post Black Lodge visit) are enough to warrant the purchase.

Satanist

I only watched Twin Peaks for the first time last year as when it was on tv I had just discovered beer and lady bumps. I expected it to be quite dated but I ended up loving it. This just might get bought.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bat King

I can't remember any of it... so I am hoping a mate of mine bus this so I can watch it again.

I remember I liked it... but can't remember anything. (Only saw it the first time never seen any repeats or such).
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Tiplodocus

Everyday, you should give yourself a little present.

And this might just be it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

I'm sure I'm not the only person who considered this to be pretentious wank at the time, but I'm one of the few who hasn't revised their opinion once it became "cool".

I was a fan of David Lynch movies at the time (esp Blue Velvet & wild at Heart) but IMHO this marked the point where he descended into 'weirdness for weirdness' sake', and I've not really enjoyed much that he's done since.

Link Prime

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 May, 2014, 12:32:01 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only person who considered this to be pretentious wank at the time, but I'm one of the few who hasn't revised their opinion once it became "cool".

I was a fan of David Lynch movies at the time (esp Blue Velvet & wild at Heart) but IMHO this marked the point where he descended into 'weirdness for weirdness' sake', and I've not really enjoyed much that he's done since.

.ɿɘvɘilɘdnU ɘʜT lliᐴ

Bat King

Blue Velvet - I can't get that out mi head... Excellent film.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

Frank

That would be brilliant, but how are they going to explain how Kyle McLachlan looked better in aging make-up 25 years ago than he does now? (snaps fingers then dances backwards out of frame)