Main Menu

The 86ers TPB

Started by Zarjazzer, 28 March, 2010, 11:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

Now this is why I buy twothy. Military sci-fi with an almost Lovecraftian twist.All sorts of jolly art styles from Simon Coleby,  Karl Richardson and PJ Holden.
Bonkers alien spaceships like a medusoid cnidarian! Written by Arthur Wyatt and Gordon Rennie.

Included are some rough sketches and stuff though I'd love to have seen a script or two as well.

basically it features Lft. Blue a G.I dumped into the Citadel a Souther fort on a forgotten front in the war used as a place to put other freaks and mis-fits including some rebel Norts!

Fun all the way.Who needs web heads or spandex clad cheerleaders for capitalism after this?

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Van Dom

I loved the 86ers but felt the final story was far too rushed and didnt satisfactorily wrap things up. It was a very abrupt ending. Don't know why they felt they had to wrap it up so quick just because Gordon didn't want to write it any more. Arthur could have more than capably kept it going for another 2 or 3 series and finished it all up properly.

Anyway, that said, does the ending fit any better when the story is read in one go, TPB style?
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Zarjazzer

Van Dom-certainly seemed to. I suppose it was left as a bit of an open ending in case there was a desire for another series.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.