Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: Tomwe on 24 October, 2018, 02:24:11 PM
No, issue 32 includes "Slaine The King" but is called Volume Three.
"The High King" is the title of the first story likely included in issue 40.

Doh - too many similarly named stories.

abelardsnazz

My copy of Kingdom vol 2 has Slaine endpapers - anyone else?

Tomwe

Well if my subscription ever turns up I'll tell you. Sounds like a line-wide error to me. Wasn't there one of those with the JDMC? Not one they reprinted.

moly

29 and 30 with covers special just delivered, heads up for everyone the letter states payment collected 22nd or close to that date

IndigoPrime

I've no idea what they're doing with me. I had a direct debit payment on 12 October for the special, which hasn't arrived, but 29/30 have, despite no money being taken.

I'm... going to have to ask on Facebook again, aren't I?

TordelBack

Can anyone with Kingdom Vol 2 in hand confirm the contents?  Money's a bit tight and I need help making a decision. Flippin' shrink-wrap.

moldovangerbil

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 October, 2018, 01:16:39 PM
I'm... going to have to ask on Facebook again, aren't I?

That way madness lies, but it's still better than their incompetent, confused and contradictory telephone and email responses.

leethomson

Despite my reservations, I really enjoyed Sinister Dexter Volume 1.

Either it was better than I remembered, or there was a lot of crud that wasn't included, or my standards have fallen a long way in 20 years! But I'm looking forward to Volume 2.

Sadly, the second covers volume is a huge disappointment. The reproductions are smaller than volume 1's and appear to be pretty shoddy scans of random covers, with logos, text, bar codes and creases included. Nothing like the full blown unadulterated art from the previous book.

DrRocka

Yep, Slaine endpapers in my Kingdom Volume 2. What's that about, then?
Never ever bloody anything ever

Tomwe

Quote from: DrRocka on 25 October, 2018, 03:43:29 PM
The next book is Slaine. The graphic designer probably saved over the previous book's template/layout when they were putting it together.

DrRocka

Ah right, I try and avoid this thread a bit so it's a nice surprise when I pick my book up with my prog from my local thrill merchant. Stories in Kingdom 2 are His Masters Voice, Aux Drift, And Beast Of Eden. A thing of beauty it is too, except for the end covers.
Never ever bloody anything ever

TordelBack

Cheers DrRocka!  So as suspected that's everything except War in Heaven. Not at all a bad place to break it,  but very unlikely we'd get any more from Hachette, even in a putative extension volume. It does however mean that buying this and Rebellion's future Volume 4 wouldn't result in any double-dipping. Now to grub up the shekels...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tomwe on 25 October, 2018, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: DrRocka on 25 October, 2018, 03:43:29 PM
The next book is Slaine. The graphic designer probably saved over the previous book's template/layout when they were putting it together.
This happened several times in the Dredd collection. Graphic designers: ALWAYS start from a dummy template that has massive REPLACE THIS text on any placeholders!

Geoff

Got a big box delivery today Robohunter vol 2 and DR & Quinch and Skizz along with the '90s covers volume. 

I don't think I've seen that DR & Quinch cover before..... I can't imagine it's new for this collection.  Anyone know where it's from?