Main Menu

"Stak!"

Started by GordonR, 22 March, 2006, 03:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

>The Rogue trappings look alright

the initial opening sequence, the capsule drop and quartz zone levels are pure Rogue and I thought they were great. I especially liked the scene when Gunnar's Bio-Chip is removed and you get your first bio-chiped piece of equipment.

Art

I actually recognised more rogue elements than I would have expected - the little turrent things, the map, the drill things...

I'd have love to have seen the original Colin MacNeil atmokraft design, but I guess it was not to be.

Funt Solo

Cheers, Gothmog.

Looks like a blast.

Sentry-bots, tunneling norts in mole machines, what looked like glider troops, destructable atmo-craft, shooting round corners, sammies, micro-mines, feeding bagman spares, getting helm to open doors (he has sensors!), emp rounds, a sniper scope - there's a lot going on.

Pah - what use is gunnar?  Oh yeah - he shoots everything.

The norts in the comic were clearly an allegory for a European (even Germanic) force - with all their Kapten and Stak stuff - so it's odd to hear the nort trooper in the clip shout "Staaaag-k" in a broad american accent.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

Are those different guns Rogue is using, or does he just attach them to Gunnar? Nice touch if he does (though a little bit of a deviation).

opaque

Thanks Gothmog :)

Wils

And helm does... what exactly? Sits on a desk watching tele?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/rtrj.jpg">

W. R. Logan

>Helm fans will be delighted to see that it contains definite proof that he's an integral member of the team

but there's no chip in the helmet 8-)

00:01:49

but then there is

00:01:58

paulvonscott

Yes that had more Rogue about it than the first one, which could have been any game really apart from the map.  

I would have liked some narration and nonsense about the traitor general, but no doubt more trailers are yet to come.

Anyway, yeah, looks good, enjoyed the Stammels and the Pillboxes.  I'm buying the bugger anyway but nice to know they are in there.

Stak indeed.

Gothmog

Thought the quartz zone could be a bit more quartzy.  It looks kind of rocky with a few quartz lumps.

The guns look like attachments to Gunnar - around 55 seconds into the film Rogue clips something onto Gunnar that he appears to take from Bagman.  You can see Bagman's arm retreating back into the backpack.

Floyd-the-k

I'm a helm fan.
 By the way, is this game any good on a plain old PC?

yours hanging out for Helm's solo story

Carlsborg Expert

Look if there's a headshot functon, I'm in.

W. R. Logan

>Are those different guns Rogue is using, or does he just attach them to Gunnar?

attachments dispensed by Bagman.

Dunk!

Talking of all things Rogue Mr Dayglo has put the rather spanky cover he's done for the Rogue EE up on his original art page.

Good job, Sir.

Would love to see it without the title clutter.

Link: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=147137&GSub=7183" target="_blank">Rogue

"Trust we"

Noisybast

Definitely getting this.
In a perfect world, the PC version would have ramped-up visuals, but I expect that's probably not going to happen...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Thursday

Hell, in a perfect world we'd be getting a Mac version.