Main Menu

A PS2/MAC question for clever Computer Droids!

Started by +rufus+, 28 January, 2007, 09:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Hi,
  I need to get reference off a PS2 disk (Document of Metal Gear).
 I'm hoping there's some way of hooking it up to my Mac so I can screen grab stuff....

Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

All help greatly appreciated...

:-) Rufus

Wils

Buy a PC.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;)

The only way I can think of (Mac *or* PC) is to try it with a PS2 emulator. I'm not sure if there's one around for the Mac, though.

+rufus+

But you can do it on a PC? ( Hey.. i'm not biased, and i can access one at the animation studio)

(throwing mac out window..... crishhhhhhh!!!)

Wils

I'm not sure about being able to do screen captures, but there are certainly PS2 emulators that work on PCs.

I, Cosh

Can't you just do video capture from the telly while you're playing it?
We never really die.

+rufus+

What I need to do is print out BGs and stuff...
 Dangnations....

I, Cosh

We never really die.

+rufus+

Sadly nope. Mac g4... it's ok... I'll just have to freeze frame and go blind drawing in the half light!!
:-)
thanks though...

Jim_Campbell

"I need to get reference off a PS2 disk (Document of Metal Gear).
I'm hoping there's some way of hooking it up to my Mac so I can screen grab stuff.... "

Rufus ... at least one of either Elgato or Miglia's MAc TV tuners does exactly this. Can't remember which one, off the top of my head, though ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

+rufus+

Jim_Campbell

Hmm ... given that your system is fairly venerable from the sounds of it*, I'd be inclined to recommend the Miglia TVMax.

It doesn't specifically say that it supports console input, but I think that the PS2 uses composite as an output (the red, yellow and white leads) and the TVMax definitely takes composite as an input, which would mean that you would be able to view your PS2 display through Elgato's EyeTV software and record as much or as little as you want. Once it's in EyeTV, you can pretty much do what you want with it.

I'm suggesting the TVMax because it has its own hardware encoder for video, meaning that it wont be placing the load on your CPU/graphics card, which should be a help.

If you have access to an Apple authorized dealer, I'd suggest talking to them first, because I'm really not an expert!

Cheers!

Jim

* Nothing wrong with that - I'm still using a G4 450 purchased in 1999 and unaltered from its initial spec, other than an upgrade to System 9.1 so I could run InDesign 2.0. If it ain't broke ...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Noisybast

This might be worth a look.

Link: http://www.pcsx2.net/" target="_blank">PCSX2.

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!