Main Menu

Prog 1856 - Dancing with Dinosaurs.

Started by JamesC, 26 October, 2013, 04:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

ADDENDUM:  Did Tharg really just squander a lovely new Fabry Slaine on an inside back cover?  Is this is Betelgeusian for "I light my bonfire with new Fabry artwork, Earthlets!".  That's flash, yo.

Proudhuff

wow a week to get to page two of a thread on the Prog?

makes you wonder what the circulation is...
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 November, 2013, 02:41:57 PM

Entirely unrelated to the level of activity on this message board, that's for certain.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 November, 2013, 02:44:31 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 November, 2013, 02:41:57 PM

Entirely unrelated to the level of activity on this message board, that's for certain.

Cheers

Jim

Please show workings
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mabs

Oh my grud - Glenn Fabry's Star Scan for Slaine looks like Jack Nicholson in his prime!  :lol:
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Mabs on 01 November, 2013, 04:52:41 PM
Oh my grud - Glenn Fabry's Star Scan for Slaine looks like Jack Nicholson in his prime!  :lol:
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought such. :lol:

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

A.Cow

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 November, 2013, 06:15:31 PM

I thought it was a very smug Bono.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: A.Cow on 02 November, 2013, 03:42:47 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 November, 2013, 06:15:31 PM

I thought it was a very smug Bono.

Is there any other kind?

Spikes

All told, a pretty good prog is 1856
A nicely eye catching cover, thanks to Mr Critchlow, starts off the proceedings.

Dredd is a fine episode, and loving Karl's art on this.

Brass Sun is once again just aces - a totally original and fully formed little universe, this. A real feather in the cap for the prog.

Flesh is kinda neither here nor there this week, and if it doesnt quite hit the same spot as it ususally does, its still a decent enough episode.

And 3rillers features the return of Jesus Redondo!
Lovely stuff, and though his art has changed over the years, its impossible to mistake his work for anybody else. Especially lovin' that last page.
Welcome back Mr Redondo.

Damnation Station continues on its way. Nowt really that off putting with this weeks offering, and the art seems to have more clarity to it than its had in previous weeks.. 
Maybe a re-read when alls said and done will help matters.

And a Starscan of Slaine - if you like that sort of thing, rounds off the prog.

Pop Culture Bandit

Dredd - so, my theory that one of the three medical workers is the monster is shot to pieces - but it clearly has some kind of relationship with Danes - looking forward to finding out what, once it's finished giving Dredd a love bite.

Damnation Station - ...and it's all gone a bit Call of Duty: Zombie mode. Not quite sure what Joe Nowhere planned for that encounter, but losing all but one of his team probably wasn't it!

Flesh - Nice to see the plot threads coming together - next week better have a double-pager of Gorehead going mental, or I'll eat my Prog...which is digital, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Rewind - Nice concept, although if the twist is that the two time travellers caused the murder, I've figured it out far too early!

Brass Sun - Awesome bit of exposition, tied up nicely with a bit of a pull on the heartstrings as Cantor dies. Not quite sure what'll happen next, but I'm enjoying the pace of this one!

For more a more detailed review - check out my Blog post -

http://popculturebandit.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/2000ad-prog-1856.html

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie