Main Menu

Help from a Slaine Buff

Started by Felix Vane, 26 November, 2009, 10:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

1, he's a lettering god, who knows all there is to know about fonts and typefaces. He wages a one man war against the evil that is comic sans and anyone who puts a crossbar on a capital I.

2. He kindly takes the time to organise our regular art comps on this board, tallying all the votes etc, for which we are all in his debt.

3. He used to frequent the John Byrne Robotics forum (see this thread) and bring us nuggets of insanity for our amusement, but they keep banning him because in JB's world dissent WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

4. He can be a right grumpy sod if you criticise the i-phone

TordelBack

He's a c*nt.  Cheers!

(Not really).

Eric Plumrose

Hah! And just to spite Jim, the Byrnester's started a thread about the Nephilim!
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Felix Vane

Ahhh I see.

Could anyone suggest a good comic book to fill the void Slaine will leave me with? I've read a Sinister Dexter, ABC Warriors.ect. Sinister Dexters not bad, ABC Warriors seemed really juvenille to me.

I'm only looking for something violent and vulgar  ;D Any suggestions?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 30 November, 2009, 08:14:11 AM
Hah! And just to spite Jim, the Byrnester's started a thread about the Nephilim!

Irony, thy name is Byrne!

Cheers

Jim

(PS - Tordel's right. I am a cunt.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Felix Vane on 30 November, 2009, 10:13:35 PM
Ahhh I see.

Could anyone suggest a good comic book to fill the void Slaine will leave me with? I've read a Sinister Dexter, ABC Warriors.ect. Sinister Dexters not bad, ABC Warriors seemed really juvenille to me.

I'm only looking for something violent and vulgar  ;D Any suggestions?

Given up on Slaine already, heh?

Felix Vane

Never man! I just need something to tide me over until Demon Killer arrives  :) Can I just ask a quick one Im confused about, Does the Sky Chariots story I've heard people speak so favourably of feature in the Warriors Dawn Novel?

If it does, Im sure glad I have it! See what all the hypes about :)

Mike Gloady

I'll check.

*grabs copy of Warrior's Dawn collection.  Leafs through*

Yes, it's the last storyline in the Warrior's Dawn graphic novel.  Read that anyway, it's got all the early stuff (there are one or two stories from annuals that have yet to be reprinted anywhere, but nothing truly essential to enjoyment of the stuff you've got).
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

The current edition of Warrior's Dawn (with the McMahon Time Monster cover) is one of the finest things in all comicdom, possibly in all creation.  If Rebellion never did another thing for us, that'd almost be enough.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 December, 2009, 11:26:28 AM
The current edition of Warrior's Dawn (with the McMahon Time Monster cover) is one of the finest things in all comicdom, possibly in all creation.

The merest glance at that McMahon artwork transports me back to that sense of dumbfounded awe as the twelve-year old me literally had his fragile little mind warped by the sheer audacity of what Mick was attempting.

Cheers!

Jim

TordelBack

Just look at the rooty 'antlers' on Slough Throt's mask - that alone stinks of genius. 

I never get tired of looking at those pages.  The scene of Slaine wrestling the bull, the chaos of the boarding action, the look of teh flames qnd smoke, the incredibly plausible lightness of the ships themselves, the naturalistic forest below...  Soth!  You can keep your Bisleys and your Fabrys, the Bellarndinelli/McMahon team are the men for me.

Felix Vane

I take it your all middle aged guys here? Your talking of this in a reminiscent kind of way, Like it was something you read quite an age ago?

Just an assumption, I'm sure your all lovely, outstanding members of the general public. Possibly.  :o

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Felix Vane on 01 December, 2009, 12:14:54 PM
I take it your all middle aged guys here?

Cheeky bastard!*

QuoteYour talking of this in a reminiscent kind of way, Like it was something you read quite an age ago?

I'd actually mis-remembered the dates for this -- the page above was first published in Feb 1984, meaning that I was fourteen, going on fifteen at the time.

Cheers!

Jim

*Yes. All right, it's true. We don't like being reminded!

Mike Gloady

It WAS something I read a very long time ago.  Late 80s for me (although I was a latecomer).

I'm 35, which means I no-longer count as "young" as of my last birthday, but have about five years before I count as middle-ageed. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever