Main Menu

Notable Warriors or Bad guys that have died fighting alongside or with Slaine.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 14 January, 2010, 11:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

To answer a e-mail question sasked of me by Locust of Death.

QuoteHey T/S, I'm writing a Slaine tale - could you, the master of all that is Slaine, help me out by naming 5-10 (or more) notable warriors killed in battles Slaine took part in? Either fighting with him or against him. Thanks in advance sir!

Matthew

Thats a good question, and if you want it answer properly, I may have to look this up for names.

My easiest answer, without are these ones....

Cullen of the Wide Mouth One of the other boys that trained with Slaine in the Red Branch accademy for warriors when he was just fifteen. Cullen was a bully that would often pick on Slaine thinking he was easy to pick on. Slaine killed him when he warp spasmed for the very first time, after Cullen drives a bellow's spear into his arm. The story itself is found in Warrior's Dawn as been told retrospectively by Slaine or Ukko themselves to another prisoner while locked up in a cell.

Lord Weird Slough Feg Himself. Not actualley a warrior, but a Undead Scorcerer. A notable villian. King Slaine did kill him in ritual combat at the end of Slaine: The Horned God and still he's able to return later on in a Slaine : Beyond.

Elfric the Changeling Warrior/Sorcerer or witch. A DArk El, himself. Slaine kills him and I think for the last time in Books of Invasions story Tara. Slaine also kills his brother Morholt another El-Rider. Techically these Devels need to be killed on their own turf and they will never return. I'm not sure if Slaine has actualle done this. Slaine has already killed Elfric reivously on three other occasions, but not on Elfric's own turf.

In Time - Killer when they first meet in a gladitorial arena in Gulagg, Cythrawl.

In Dragoncorpse one of the Dice - Man sotires. You actualley have to roll for this and theres chance you might get Slaine killed. Not really considered by most fans to be part of the true storyline. Though I like it all. Don't remember the details myself.

In Demon - Killer. Right at the end of the story and few pages into Queen of the Witches. Slaine melts the villain in a warp - energy duel.

So, you can count, Elfric four times, techically.

Balor of the Evil Eye. Slaine finally slays him in either the first or second Book of Invasions books Moloch or Golamn. Personally, I was alittle dissappointed that he didn't get his own epic story before finnally going down to the warped one.

I might also add that Moloch of the Many swords, a albino Formorian prince who Slaine throws off the top of cliff and only to be finished by the Aten a High Cyth god and Odacon, leader of the  Quillosaurs, Six limbed ones, the new sea faring variety of Formorians. Also brought low by Slaine also.  Slaine pisses on him and leaves his corpse on dryland just be spitefull.

Niamh Dies at the end of a violent tryst with Mocloch He stabs right throw the chest with a long serated blade. Also and pity, she was Slaine' beloved and at one time a loving wife. Also a notable warrior women. I think she deserved her own epic chronicle before dieing as well.

I think there was a trend for a few of Slaine' female companions meeting a grisley end in the earlier stories. I've have made note of this up in my head afew times.

Though, I can only remember two of them now....

I think her name was Oola and she was a Cythron girl that accompanied Slaine and co in Tomb of Terror. Not sure if she was a slave or not. She got dragged into the sewers by a giant rat and eaten.

There also Morgoth the orcish Alantean Dragon rider, he had a daughter that was completly devoured by Nidhugg a demonic many limbed dragon also in Tomb of Terror. Also a well known Dragon of Norse Legend. I don't recall her name, but it was hard to pronounce. What ever it was. She was already difigured when half her face got splashed by the spittle of Crom Cruach and huge, ancient time worm.

I'm also wondering at the fate of Medb the evil sorceress. But I guess thats right off the subgect of notable warriors in Slaine.

You probably want the names of the warriors who died fighting along side him.

Well, there is also a former friend and fighting companion of Slaine who he was reunited with in The Beast of the Broch. Killed by the demonic snake creature. Forget his name.

There a few of these notable warriors that have died, but I will need to look these up, but alittle later.

I hope this will suffice for now.

locustsofdeath!

Thanks for that T/S...I'm writing my tale for the comp and I need to bring back a bunch of Slaine's comrades, so if anyone can toss me a few names off the top of their head, please do so (and save me from flipping through endless Progs).

Many thanks in advance!

ThryllSeekyr

How about his dad....

Roth Belly Shaker.

Supposedly he expired in the wickerman, along with some other interesting characters.

One of them was Bran the Blind. Not really a fighter, but a herbalist, I think.

Thats all for now, and I until I have more time to look this up myself.

ThryllSeekyr

Paging through Warriors Dawn.....

Beast of the Broch

The warrior that Slaine was reunited with in the Beast of the Broch was Bodb of the Black Axe when Slaine purchased the broch he was kept prisoner in.

[Slaine fought along side him at the battle of Dun-Barc when he joined the mercenaries at age seventeen. Fighting against the Fir-Bolg where Slaine had warped out of control after they ridiculed and scoffed at the Great Chariot of the Earth mother. Based on the famous Strett-Weiger Kult Wagon

Bodb was thrown in the Broch for burning down a village to spend the rest of his days until he's paid off them compensation completely. It was there he met his demise at the coils of the demonic snake that had taken the shape of the another former college of Slaine's. Blathnaid who used to work with him robbing coaches and wagons in his younger days. She was a runaway bride making a fortune stealing dowry's. I think the snake demon must have murdered her also before taking her skin.

I thought it was strange that Slaine the new owner of the Broch did set him free before the beast found him. Perhaps there's another story behind that one.

later on in the story......

There is also Gobhan Mac Tadg a older memeber of the famous Red Branch Knights that Slaine had just been inducted into at tender age of fifteen. It was after raidinga enemy tribe for cattle that Gobhan made bold claim to carve the heros portion at the feast in the roundhall. He had a bag of brain balls and tongues that he claimed were all his kills. He died at the end of Slaine's blade. Who seen him looting the battlefield. Taking the brain balls of those that were already dead. The tongues he had taken from cattle.

Bride of Crom

I just like to add that it's the first time I noticed Slaine using this combat manuever. Tieing a length of thong to his axe Brain-Biter and swinging around himself in a wide arc, taking down twenty Skullswords all at once..

But it was within the Wickerman that Slaine reunited with Tamun The Stump a Murk Lurker, Senoll the Scavenger a Pedlar, as well as Blind Bran. The latter survived, the other two, were never seen again after Slaine leapt off the top of the burning wikderman with evil Medb thrown over his shoulder. They weren't really warriors, but more like scoundrels, rogues.

His father, Roth Belly Shaker was never seen again after event as well. I think he be one of the best candidates for being brought back to life to fight by the sid eof Slaine. I assuming you don't mean as half-dead or zombies.

Like in Pet Cemetary.

Continueing on.......

Hero's Blood

There's a character called Ordulph of the Big Grip a slaver who mysteriously dissappaers during a Shoggey Beast attack. After which Slaine & Ukko  are left with a group of slaves. Ukko who aparently had give ownershiop of himself to another called Gort the Gambler one of the other slaves. After losing to him in a few dice games. Slaine who just had to win him back ends up killing him in spear throwing contest. Naturally the winner is also the survivor.

The Shoggey Beast

The shoggey himself, a fellow who lives alone with his mother in the middle of nowhere.  Called Medrawd the Quiet One. Slaine eventually kills him when he turns into the monster & attacks. I figured he would make great warrior if he's able to that.

Sky Chariots

Morgant GreyBeard The headsman of the village of Gavra. Madog Stag-Shanks and his son Caw Sheaf-Hair both underfed and killed by murderous Skullsowrds led by Slough Throt. Who knows what great warriors they might have been if they were better fed and allowed to live. Perhaps they did return as the half-dead. They were on land soured by a dolman built by the evil drunes of the south.

Some of the Half-dead that Slaine recognised, carried in cages within the hold of the Cloud Curraugh travelling north through the skies. They were other mercenaries. Old friends of Slaine. Killer Styr, Shavran the Surly and Bres Bloodspear. They were already of the half-dead.

Later one, where Slaine met and fought against northmen, berzerkers. Followers of the god Voden. Men of superhuman strength.

Thorgrim Ironjaw,  Hadric Hissing Blade,  Bork The Brutal.....

Hengist the Strong,  Ralf Razoraxe,  Hogni the Not Normal.....

Skuld The Demented,  Eirik Chiselspear,  Herg the Hard

Thsoe who weren't kill by Slaine meant their deaths by the skullwords defending the Curruagh and the Mol- Alltach the fire moutain.

Slough Throt died also when the worms ate him alive, but I guess he doesn't really count.

Well thats Warriors Dawn out of the way.

I will Consult Time-Killer, Slaine the King, Horned God and the Books of Invasions later if you want more names and I do assume you want these characters brought back to life and not as zombies.

Roth Belly Shaker and Naimh would be very likely. Particually Niamh and if it's life and not unlife.

locustsofdeath!

ThryllSeekyr

Thats great,

I've only scratched the surface and was about plunder.....

Time-Killer

Tome of Terror

Slaine the King

Horned God

Books of Invasions

I got some names from Tomb of Terror/Slaine The King today and these might be the most appropiate for your story.

Unfortunitly for me, whilest going through piles of graphic novels and other 2000AD related magazines. You know horrible feeling you get when things go missing from you colection. Well it would appear that a chunk magazines have gone missing from my collection.

Mostly the Judge Dredd speical editions & Megazines. Heaven knows what else is missing as it's been bloody hard to keep track of everything. I just don't have the storage and everything is sort on the floor but in neat little piles.

Anyway, I was looking for the Megazine reprint of Slaine, Time-Killer. My favorite, most used source of that story and that one of the ones that went missing. Can't otherwise get at it without pulling out alot of other books out.

So whoever theived my collection has left me with only the first part of story and I was paging through that also to get those names for you.

Names Taken from .....

Time-Killer/Tomb of Terror/Slaine the King

General Beli One of the Everliving ones, I think. Well he works for Myrddinn in his fortreess atop Dinas Emrys. Slaine mercifully slays him when he's set upon by multible baby Timeworms. Not much else is known about this one. Apart from the fact that he's the moustachioed man wearing impressicve looking plate armour who lets Slaine & Ukko riding on the back of his Knucker into the Eternal FOrtress once he notices he's carrying the head of Kingslor himself. He might be from the remnants of Atlantis or somewhere else in the streams of time.

There's a character called Brotor who is the viking warrior equilvelent of Slaine. He's retired to working with the other Everliving ones in the Eternal Fortress of Dinas Emyrs. Like the other guy. He's dies when Slough Feg blows his head off with a handy Leyser Gun. Reading expanded information on his background in one of the source books for the Slaine D20 game. From what I recall, it does say that he was sent on missons entering the time lake visiting events in the past and working for his own god and Myrddinn as well and now he retired to the fortress until he was shot. Always identified by wearing a proimitive tribal looking mask.

Tordelbach wow. I was wondering at the source of this boarder's login name and it was a mystery until I noticed now. Mentioned when Murdach son of Brian Boru is relating to Slaine how his son Tordelbach was in impaled on a weir stake when a freak wave hit him after pursueing some norse warrior into the sea. He died with a viking in each hand. You'll have to include him now.

Huh, perhaps unfortunate choice for name.

I'm not sure of Brian Boru's fate either ,but it looked as though he was killed. I think it's implied. It's mentioned that Elfric chose Good Friday to do battle as he he knew the deeply religous man would be in his tent praying.
I just read now that the very same historical figure died that day on in 1014AD in Clontarf. A battle that lasted all day.

Quoting It's Wikipdeia Entry

QuoteThere are many legends concerning how Brian was killed, from dying in a heroic man-to-man combat to being killed by the fleeing Viking mercenary Brodir while praying in his tent at Clontarf

It says his son called Murchad died that day as well and likewise his son Torhelbach as well.

Quoting a passage from the Battle of Clontarf entry in the Wikipedea

QuoteBrian's forces were arranged in a similar fashion. On the right (the Viking left) were 1,000 foreign mercenaries and Manx Vikings. Next to them, 1,500 clansmen of Connacht were gathered under their kings, while more than 2,000 Munster warriors under Brian's son Murchad continued the front, flanked by 1,400 Dal Caissans on the extreme left led by Murchad's 15-year-old son, Tordhelbach, and Brian's brother, Cuduiligh. Off to the right and several hundred yards to the rear stood Máel Sechnaill's 1,000 men who simply watched.

I was just guessing, but it says in the wikipdeia again that.....

QuoteToirdelbach fell seriously ill in 1085 and lost his hair

So, if your eading this Tordelbach I think you've  chosen a rather unfortunate character to name yourself after.

Historical figures, notable warriors dieing. I'm sure if hitorical fiugfues count, espeically ones that haven't literally fought side by side with Slaine if even on the same battlefield.

According to Slaine, Murdach Son of Brian Boru suvives atleast to the end their stint in the city Gulag, Cythrawl when the Grimnismal is detroyed and they al;l fly back on the back of PLuke

That isn't to say he wasn't returned to his own time in the middle of a battle that kills him. Who knows or if he joined  witht res tof the ever living ones.

I am alittle confused about how all the Atlanteans. The same people who's city went under in the great flood in the distant past. Persumably the Celts and the Rmoahals were known as one of the Altantean sub-races. As I have leanrt, Atlanteans who have been plucked from their own times and have been living at the Eternal Foprtress out side their own time spans cannot leave without time catching up with them when they try to. I don't think this effects Slaine

Other characters that have adventured with Slaine and been killed are....

Calgacus A tribal cheiftain that bvefreinded Slaine in the arena of Cythrawl. Presumably another Celt but perhaps from another time. Dres in sandals and a kilt, weilding a gladius. A strnage haircut as well. He dies in one of the Cythrawl processional avenues after triggering a poison dart trap.
A good example of who you might want in you story.

Oeahoo a Cythron woman, who Slaine & Co. take as hostage in enroute to the tomb of the dark god Grimismal in Cythrawl Werl known for the Cythron who tortured the briefly imprisoned Nest early on in Time-killer I 'm not sure what exactly transpired as this part of story went missing from my collection. She dies fromthe tocuh of the shadowry Sluagh from by the mind of the dark god Grimismal to do his bidding while he sleeps. Apparently they were activated to eventually wake him up. If she didn't die then, she might have been killed by any others in the group as she wasn't well liked.

Giya a slave girl, found in the Orgots living quarters. Presumrably on their menu. Before I had taken more notice, I had always assumed her to be one and the same as the Cythron girl Oeahoo. Their different appaerance, a product of the art work switching back and fourth between Glenn Fabry & David Pugh. I now know I was wrong. Though I'm still not sure of racial her distinction. Perhaps another of the lost races of Atlantis She looks dark skinned with a top knot of frizzy hair and tribal tattoes. Maybe a Pictish woman. Anyway, She gets carried off into the sewers by a giant rat. Presumed eaten.

Tlachtga A name I can never remember or prononuce. A wonder it's never found it's way into our previous discussion of prounciation. A Rmouhal one of the other Atlantean race. Suposedly blue/black skinned natives and known to be of larger statue than regular people. Daughter of Mogrooth the Druid. She is devoured completly by the serpent/dragon guardian Nidhug when she enters it's lair. It didn't help that she was charmed by it's mesmerising gaze while she walked right into it's clutchs. She also disfigured earlier on while landing in a pool of spittle of Crom Cruach.

Mogrooth The Rmouhal Druid (Surpirsinly and Squadron leader of the Atlantean Dragons. I never knew that Dragons were originally from Atlantis. Looking at this hulking Mister T like character. I'd never pick him for a Druid. Though I guess my mistake to judge that way. I would also never pick him for the father of Tlachtga. She maybe his adopted daughter. He does look distinctly inhuman with that huge underbite and matching tusks. This character wanted to kill Slaine after he arrived at the Eternal Fortress. His Knucker having killed Skyling his onw dragon. Then since tensions had cooled betweent them. He knawn to have taught Slaine how to better control earth serpent. Something to do with the mystical warp spasm. Mogrooth was no doubt a warped warrior as well. Just look him warping power through a special cannon designed for this doing just this. He's dies by the claw hand of the dark god Grimismal himself. Puntured through his upper body it's clawed talons and drained of his aura. His skeletal remaines when then stuffed into his stomach pouch.

I would like to add some more names from the rest of Slaine the King and The Horned God, but it's early in the morning and I yearn to play some more Age of Conan before the crack of dawn.

Just remember, His father Roth Belly Shaker, Naimh  as well as his faithful Knucker bull dragon were notable warriors that had died. All have fought at his side and all had died at some stage. They would be my favorite choices.

TordelBack

Dog Deever

Calgacus was leader of the Caledonians who fought the Romans at the battle of Mons Graupius. It is generally accepted (though by no means certain) that he was not a Chief/ King but a type of General or war leader in the same way that 'King' Arthur (if he truly existed in some form) was not a king. Calgacus probably meant something like 'sword bearer' and was possibly an honorific title rather than a name. The battle took place on the slope of a large multi-peaked hill somewhere in Scotland. The foremost contender for the site is 'Bennachie' in Aberdeenshire.
He is mentioned in 'The Agricola' by Tacitus, where he makes a speech to his men:

Calgacus' speech

It is worth pointing out that there is little or no Archaeological evidence for the battle and Tacitus had a reputation for bullshit. Calgacus' speech was more than likely written by Tacitus and he is not mentioned before the speech or after it.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

ThryllSeekyr

My appologies for my last post being rushed, not making sence, putting words and letters in the wrong order, but I think those of you that have bothered to read it  and know Slaine would get the gist of what I'm saying.

Oh a good note, I found those those misplaced issues of the Megazine with Time-Killer, Judged Dredd Specials and the Extremes, but I needed a shovel to excavate them.

Besides, I do have the parts of Time-Killer in their original prog format, several copies of the Best Of reprint, but only the first half as they are in two parts. As well as the souveneir, black covered hardback speical edition as well as the latest reprint in graphic novel format.

The megazine serealised version is my favorite and most accessable of the lot. I don't know what I would do without it.

It also proves that Calgacus, amongst quite few other nameless warrior types got aquaintred with Slaine when he is thrown into the commnual cell for the gladatorial slaves.

I also see what his name means now, but I'll just keep quiet about that :-X

Lets just say Sword Bearer is the polite usage.

Of course, when the lady folk ask of him his name.

He could either tell them or adjust his clothing accordingly.

A real man's name ;)

I would be surprised hear of lady called this. :o

So he's a Caledonian, another words a type of Scottish Pict.

So what the deal with Picts?

They're obviously not all the same. Judging from the picture above. He seems far less primitive from the Picts I have encountered in Age of Conan.

Moving along....

I promiced more names......

Slaine the King

The King who was succeed by Ragall was ritually put to detah after his sevenyear reign. Just can't find or remember his name for the time being. Looking at picture, he's the one that lloks like he's wearing beer drinking hat with the cans missing and a strong similarity to the Red Hand guard Laranga standing outside the city gates of the village at Tortage from Age of Conan

Ragall the King of Murias. Slaine's foster Brother and the tribe he was separated from. Ritually killed for failing his people.

In the Black Flame novel Slaine the Defiler [spoiler]he was stabbed in the darkness by Mebd the intoxicating One while under the guise of [Megrim his young bride. It was covered up and made to look like he died as he should have I guess. Ukko saw everything, but who's going to listen to a dwarf.[/spoiler]

He & Slaine had many wild adventures togther as young lads. It was noted that they did often go hunting for wild cat together.

Slaine ripps out the heart of Quagslime the formorian tax collecter before showing it to him. I had assumed he died after that. You never see him again, but youy never know withthese formorians.

Gundan or Dundan Skullsmasher dies by leaping onto the blade of Gwalchazed the Ram during a duel after he was challenged to the hero's portion at the celebratory feast after routing the formorian occupation of their kingdom. Both of them are were of Slaine's personal retinue of Red Branch Knights. Each of which occupied a stall in the great round hall. Each stall representing a sign of the zodiac. I could list them all but I will only mention that Gundan was the Unicorn. A creature of the moon, a fun loving party goer, married to Aluine- Exquisitly Beautiful.

The Horned God

Gann King of Finias throws the flaming Spear of lug punturing the skull of the Knucker. It eventualley dies. A most notable warrior.

One of the rare and pratically extinct Beaver Folk known to the kingdom of Falius as the Avanc is fatally stabbed through the middle by a swording weilding Naimh. It's assume he died, as he's shown sinking in the waters, leaving a blood trail. He did hit her first, socking her on the chin and she took that well surprisely. How ironic that he died in similer fashion to how she would be. Stabbed through the middle by another sword weilding monster. It must be a notable warrior and not really the villian. He just wanted the Goddess's Navel back.

As the united Celtic tribes gathered for The Muster... the last to arrive was ritually killed. His name never disclosed, but this tradition did encourage punctuality.

In a duel Slaine puts the Gae Bolga right through Lord Weird Slough Feg crotch after gutting him his already skeletal frame with his ornamental twin tusked hero hanress and he just laughs it off. Before he taken on a express journey  to Cythraul when Crom Cruach materialises. Swallowing him whole.

He's not dead, he repapaers in Slaine Beyond.

I think Medb is seen falling to her death after a barely remembered battle with Slaine, but Ukko was very vague on this.

Segann the gibbering mad king of Falias is ritually put to death afte his seven year reign expired. It's not really clear wether this happened straight away or if this was any number of years. Seven of less further on. It also thought this was actualley the death of Slaine and a few of you might have preferred it that way.

Thats all for now as Age of Conan beckons. I have just unlocked my month of free play and cannopw leave the island of Tortage.

Yayyyy:P :P :P :P

Stay tuned for names from the Books of Invasions

I think that would be Niamh, Scota Queen of Scotland, Princess of Egypt. I foget how she dies, but Slaine manages to save her husband. Lord Sethor  who was rotten man anyway, but did kick ass as Golamh to Odacon weilding the sword of the moon. Anyway, the problems of being made into human beast of burnden. He was mostly dessicated, drained and I don't think he survived being separated from his guest.

Dog Deever

QuoteSo he's a Caledonian, another words a type of Scottish Pict.
So what the deal with Picts?
(Excuse the length of this, but the Picts are not easy to talk about...)

Nah- the Picts don't arrive on the scene until a little later, TS. IIRC the apparent slaughter of the Caledonians in the area left a power vacuum from which the Picts emerge. Some say the Picts were an amalgamation of the tibes, some say they were Scythian invaders but no-one really knows.
They may also have been Orcadians who were possibly foederati of the Roman Empire- there's a theory that Orcadians were employed as Auxilia to keep an eye on the tribes by the Romans and this might account for the existence and placement of Brochs. Certainly the king of the Orcades was a powerful figure as in later times the Pictish kings kept some of his kin as hostages (probably to ensure good behaviour).
Irish and Welsh sources depict 'Scythians' as invading, being defeated and settling in 'Westy Mar' as no one lived there. If this is taken as 'western Mar' or 'west of Mar' then that could mean Moray, Inverness,Ross & Cromarty. This area was recently  (2005) accepted as the Pictish kingdom of Fortriu (formerly thought of as perthshire for no real reason- and debunked by Prof. Alex Woolf). This was an important area which was the seat of power of many Kings of Pictland & Scotland and was the root of many dynastic disputes culminating in the death of McBeth- the last Northern king of Scotland and descended from identified Pictish kings. There were differences between the culture and language of the Picts and the Caledonians- but these may have been a product of geography.

Conan's Picts are an entirely fictional product- because of the lack of information at the time Conan was written. The Picts are a minefield- because little work has been done to find anything out until relatively recently.

The Caledonians (as far as anyone can be sure) were essentially Britons- pretty much the same as the Britons and Gauls. Their dress, customs, weapons, housing, methods of warfare etc pretty much mirror their southern counterparts- as described by Tacitus- only a bit less modern (understandable, as they were too far from the Roman world to feel it's influence too greatly). If I were writing/ depicting Caledonians, I would use early Gauls or even the Irish as a template, with less metal and colour. The north was a grim, hard place.

Hope this helps, TS- but early Scottish history is a fucking nightmare! History is written by the victors, which causes problems with any culture- but what became Scotland was pretty much the battleground of several different cultures at more than a few points in history.
Add to that the fact that what little was written was stolen or destroyed and those who knew the oral traditions had their culture smashed and were pretty much shipped out to the colonies or else dragged into the homogeneous industrial age lowland culture that became modern 'Scotland'. Their culture was then reinvented by those who perpetrated this- turning it into tartans, kilts, bagpipes, haggis, highland flings and other bollocks.

Dog Deever

Oh- yeah, there's also a theory that the Picts were pre-Viking Scandinavians. It's unlikely as the language seems to be close to Brythonic (Welsh & Gaulish) though that's difficult too as its reliant on the etymology of place names- which is another minefield. It's worth noting that regimes and culture may change, but the people on the ground generally remain the same- hence most of our 'Saxon' neighbours are probably more accurately Celts akin to the Welsh- Britons but with a certain amount of Saxon DNA. Or Even Ligurians and Iberians, but I'm going too far!

And yes- his name could be interpreted as 'He who has a penis'

TordelBack

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Dog Deever

Weel- it seems tae have worked wonders for Tacitus and Agricola!

The thread is pretty mental- can we post the whole Duan Albanach in both Gaelic and English?

JOE SOAP

I think our Mayor should have his own subsection of the fora list ("Mayor's discourse") on the community front page.