Main Menu

Notable Warriors or Bad guys that have died fighting alongside or with Slaine.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 14 January, 2010, 11:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

After finding one of my extra copies of the Horned God, I proceeded to thumb through looking for a passage that I will discussget in another thread. Whilst I was desperately trying to find this. I found something else quite interesting regarding Book of Invasions. In a side note from Ukko about two thirds of the way through and abit more on a page where Slaine is warping out and around. Without quoting it word for word, it goes on to say that we should all refer to The Tain and the former to determine the final outcome of the battle between Slaine and Medb.....

Hence my reason for mentioning it here. As I beleive somebody else said something about this earlier on this same thread.

..... it continues on to say that Slaine his warriors warped unholy amounts of earth power until they turned their bodies inside out.

It does go on here to draw a comparisons between the characters in Slaine's world and in other historic myth.

Which version of The Tain, which version of the Book/s of Invasion should we refer to find out the fate of Queen Mebd.

Once again, this is why I put it here on this thread. Did Mebd die in the photoshopped version or is the answer more obvious.

As it seems possible that only the historical Mebd met her fate/demise in the original verion of the The Tain.

Mike Gloady

The HISTORICAL BoI is the thing referenced because, and this gets tricky, the Slaine storyline BoI hadn't been written yet. 

Medb gets hers in The Secret Commonwealth I believe. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 24 March, 2010, 12:56:44 PM

Medb gets hers in The Secret Commonwealth I believe. 

So did most of the readers of that "saga". Yuck.

ThryllSeekyr