Main Menu

Anyone good at crosswords?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 15 July, 2010, 02:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

All of which has helped me to find another solution, but left me with these:

Again become an invalid or again become an invalid(7) -e-a-s-  (relapse?)

In which the early bird lies awaiting the worm (6) -m-u--

Sea salt (6) -a-l--  (thought it was 'marine' until 'outlive', though I couldn't see the connection with 'salt')
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

QuoteSea salt (6) -a-l--

Sailor

I'd agree with 'relapse'.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

QuoteIn which the early bird lies awaiting the worm (6) -m-u--

Ambush

Good one, that!

Early "a.m." plus (bird in the) "bush", lying in wait.  Nice.

TordelBack

What crossword is this, Jayzus?  Interesting (and confusing) mix of cryptic and straightforward.

JayzusB.Christ

Fair play to you, TB.  I think the title of the thread has been answered:  Yes, you are very freaking good at crosswords.

However, one left: it's the 'play on words' one again, which can't be 'tragedy' as it has now become like this: -h-r-d-.

(It's the Evening Herald, which manages to combine the ridiculously hard with the piss-easy gracelessly)

JayzusB.Christ

Charade!  and we're done. Thanks for your help, everyone!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

WoD

TordelBack

Nice one.  Must check that out, now that Crossaire will be coming to an end.

Richmond Clements

JayzusB.Christ

Mikey

Gah! Missed this thread until now!

I wouldn't say I'm good at crosswords, but Mrs Mikey uses me as a kind of 'dictionary corner' and gets upset if I simply don't know the answer, muttering 'you're useless' into the paper.

OT - Mrs Mikey once asked me about whale types, seven letters ending in 'l'. "Why! That's Rorqual!" I happily replied. She was well impressed; her mum had been doing the same crossword and was stuck on the same clue, so when Mrs Mikey told her, Mother in Law said, "Aye right! Sure he'd tell you anything".

A prophet has no honour etc

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

And it's straight to the gutter with this thread, as we turn to the (surprisingly well-contructed and difficult) Viz Craptic Crossword.

Tit off the M4? (7) -r-s---