Main Menu

Discovery magazine help

Started by klute, 21 April, 2011, 09:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Back in the late 80s/90s there was a monthly magazine called discovery which included a free tape with actors acting out various roles.

The magazine was based on british history ie :-

Elizabeth the first and Guy Fawkes iirc. Does anyone remember this or have some knowledge of how far the publication went,and if there is any way of getting hold of the work from the tapes?

Maybe the work on the tapes had been release previously and was being re-used for the discovery magazine???
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

vodkamad

hi there

i remember this magazine, i was collecting it and i remember the free cassette (which i still have to this day, albeit taped over with shitty late 90's music) - also i remember one issue had a cardboard model of a ship from the spanish armada, and then one with the houses of parliament - they were really small and hard to glue together!!
i stopped collecting after about issue 10 / 11 but i remember a few years later seeing issue 80 in wh smith

cheers

will x

klute

It was the audio stuff i remember most and quite liked but not sure if teh audio stuff is on CD or available for download elsewhere

nevvyboyuk

Klute. If you are still looking for it, head over to YouTube and search for "discovery flashback sounds of the past" and you will be able to check out the first half of the tape, he has yet to upload the second half. Man it took me around three hours to find that so hope it brings back some good memories. I've been trying to find it on and off for the last few years but could not ever even remember the name of the magazine but thanks to your posts that gave me enough info to get a proper search on the go which has fortunately given a good result. Anyway enjoy.

Cactus

I have an almost complete set of the 60 magazines (I think I'm missing one from near the end), plus two specials.

The tapes are:
Discovery Flashback (free with issue 1)
The Great Discovery Treasure Trail (has to be listened to with the magazine to make sense of the clues and find the treasure. Or something.)
The Secret Christmas (Plus sound effects for your play!)

If there's really a demand for this stuff I can use my dad's kit to transfer them to a 21st century medium.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

nevvyboyuk

Hi Cactus. Not sure the demand is out there nowadays for this kind of thing but I know I would be interested in a digital copy of the first tape, so yeah if you get chance at some point that would be awesome.

klute

Quote from: nevvyboyuk on 06 September, 2012, 10:11:54 PM
Klute. If you are still looking for it, head over to YouTube and search for "discovery flashback sounds of the past" and you will be able to check out the first half of the tape, he has yet to upload the second half. Man it took me around three hours to find that so hope it brings back some good memories. I've been trying to find it on and off for the last few years but could not ever even remember the name of the magazine but thanks to your posts that gave me enough info to get a proper search on the go which has fortunately given a good result. Anyway enjoy.

What an awesome find!!!! as soon as i saw your post i looked it upo on youtube,i can't wait for the next part.

Just as i remembered! magic.