Main Menu

Progs 1313-1316 & Meg 4.17

Started by Oddboy, 04 November, 2002, 05:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Sheesh!  Sunday afternoon was a heavy reading session, as I had pile of subs envelopes waiting for me when I got home (from HONEYMOONING in SPAIN).

SinDex - really enjoying this, especially the jibber jabby episode.
Dredd - very good story, nice art, good supporting character, setting.
Asylum - shaping up quite nicely: treachery, alien hybrids, extermination camps, megalomaniacs etc
Past Imperfect - pretty darn groovy, actually.  Well done Tharg for getting the short storys *right* for a change!
The Red Seas - bloomin' marvellous!

2000AD is in very good shape at the moment.

The Megazine:
TPO - good & good & good - interesting insights into the period when (IMO) 2000AD really went down hill which matched my own theories that all the talent & effort had been put into the new Megazine...
Dredd - another brilliant Dredd story.
Durham Red - didn't like this one.  Art was fantastic, but I felt the story was just re-hashing the Fiends story too much.  Felt it was a wasted oppotunity.  It should have been done from Red's perspective, rather than Hans'.
McNulty is shaping up really well too, enjoying this quite a lot.  In my back prog mission I've just started the No-Go Job & it makes good 'character building' knowledge.
Vendetta I haven't read for months actually, I'm saving it up for a one-sitting reading.
Traces - BRILLIANT
Rogue - not reading it - I'll get there soon enough in my back prog mission

Both 2K & Meg on FINE FORM YAY!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Wake

I'PG QYVE RIOIVZGD X OGF 2000XD COBIOG VYAVIEG.

GOQCU!

FXTG

(Code 1)

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/redalert/" target="_blank">Red Alert!

opaque

Just one thing I'd say about the Asylum piece and that is the Alien who is attacked and killed made me really sad. The 'Thank You... Sorry' and then the 'Can... can I see the rabbits now?' bit REALLY made me sad.
I don't mind aliens being killed etc but that bit made me very very sad.
Just the way it was done. I'd like the art of that to protect it.
Oh that sounds bad! But true!

BAMF

Yeah the whole "Can i see the rabbits now?" and "sorry..thank you..sorry" was pretty upsetting...

eggonlegs

karne

I came over emotional at that bit too...Ooer!

Devons Daddy

'Thank You... Sorry' 'Can... can I see the rabbits now?'

possible classic moment for discussion in years to come. moment like that that reminds you tooth still has it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

chimp

certainly was a powerful moment, but with the whole religious aspect become more overt are things getting a little Nemesis like? Whatever, Rob Williams is still a name I'll be looking out for.

JimBob

Perhaps someone can remind me the "rabbits" thing seemed familiar, Of Mice and Men? Anyone help me out?

Jayzus B. Christ

I read Of Mice and Men years ago, but I don't remember the rabbits bit. Although when I was two and getting my tonsils out, the doctors told me they were taking me to 'see the rabbit' before wheeling me off to stick blades into my mouth, instead. Nice one, lads.

DavidXBrunt

Jim Bob, Jay B. The rabbits thing in 'Of Mice and Men' was the inspiration for the Yeti who wants a rabbit to 'hug and love and call him George' in the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

It might also be familiar becaus Belly senior was talking about what he thought were Rabbits in the second episode...

JimBob

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

For those of you interested in Steinback,I checked this George and Lenny discuss rabbits shortly before George tops the big lug.