Main Menu

Fastyr Mie!

Started by judgefloyd, 13 March, 2012, 09:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: judgefloyd on 18 March, 2012, 04:20:10 AM
ps Is there someone here who can help me get an icon-thingy?

You add one here:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile

Quote from: Buttonman on 19 March, 2012, 07:57:55 PMGlad you are back; since I gained the title I've hardly written. If the Floyd is to reengaged I can feel my mojo rising!

Game on!! Floyd has the slight advantage as he can throw in at least one "Dear Tharg, I've not written in a while but this is what I think of recent developments" which has more potential to be published.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

judgefloyd

Thanks Emperor, I'm off and icon-ing!
  I should have a look at the progs again sometime.  All this prog-selling is making me quite nostalgic.  When I last looked, I thought things were on a bit of a high - Dredd had clones, Dante had just lost the weapons crest, there was an occasional Strontium Dogs, which was a real treat and, ummm, well I can't remember much else but I think all was good.  These days the only comics I read are Doonesbury and Frew's The Phantom, some of which are written by David Bishop.

Dudley

Hey, Floyd.  My first time back here for a while, as well.

TordelBack

Dudley and Floyd back at the same time  :o.  Now we need is Oddboy, PVS and DXB and seventh seal will be opened and the seven angels sound their trumpets... Or something equally impresssive.

ming

Hey Floyd (and Dudley!) - nice to have you back.  Did you ever get to listen to the original radio version of HHGTTG? (that's an acronym; I didn't suddenly just lose all my vowels).

How's Melbourne?  I was thinking of South Yarra just the other day, for some reason.

Jared Katooie

Hi Floyd!

Welcome back man. Unfortunately there's a lot less arguments and pointless nonsense threads on the board these days. But things are changing for the better!

And with you back things are that little bit more like the good old days. With regard to the prog, you really need to catch up on Dredd with some GNs.

There have been MAJOR, MAJOR developments.

Also some stuff happened in Dante too, I guess...

judgefloyd

Why thank you Klute, that's a nice evil-logo icon you've got going on there.

Jared, I should catch up on Dredd - there must be almost three years of Dreddlessness to make up for.  I'm sorry you've had a pointless nonsense drought.
  Hi Dudley, are you still in tropical parts?
        Ming, South Yarra is still around, but these days I work in Springvale, which is a lot grottier.  I do get to ride to work and go past the Exhibition Building, which is a massive piece of imperial pretentiousness and pretty spectacular (ride back the same way at night and you get to see scarily huge possums).  Otherwise Melbourne is fine; much more multi ethnic than before, more coffee crazed.  Everyone under forty has tattoos and there are a lot of Korean restaurants and groceries in the city.  Oh and, for the last year or so, the drought seems to have abated, so we're showering along again. 
  Gidday Tordelback - how're you? Ever hear of DxB?

Hey is the boarder who taught me to say 'morra mie' still here?

yours nostalgically,

Floyd

TordelBack

Quote from: judgefloyd on 23 March, 2012, 11:10:03 AM
Ever hear of DxB?

Alas no, not since (I think) Bantastic Friday lo those many years ago.  It's sad to think the forum has lost the wisdom of the man who first brought the role of cheese in electronics repair to our attention.