Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Necro-post...

I've added subtitles/cc for Minty.

Someone asked, and it had been on my mind as something that should be done.

It was a bit tricky with the multiple radio chatter audio, but hopefully it gets some of it over, and it's easy to tweak...

Bat King

That's cool. I just had a peek & they are looking good.

I also played with the auto translate that YouTube does with CC. It isn't perfect, actually at times it is a mess, but it works. I have a lot of Spanish speaking readers from Spain & Argentina - the biggest language group other than English that read my blog - so I was intrigued.

I thought it translated Gila Munja fine... then I realised it just puts the original if it realises can't translate.

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Thanks, I don't think there's much in the way of formatting/codes to tell it not to translate certain things. It seems pretty basic.

Would be handy if it could just automatically create a translation track which could then be edited to remove the bits which didn't translate quite so well...

Bat King

Yeah that'd be very useful. My next experiment is using the auto translate in the other direction.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dredd Head

Watched this for the first time last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Gila munja looked great and minty was perfectly cast. Great job

Steve Green

NECRO-POST

We just went past 700,000 views - which is nice.

What's funny is that bar the odd spike, it had settled down to <200 views a day, but since about a week before the Dredd TV series announcement it had been steadily climbed, and has been at 1,500-2000+ a day for a good while.

It's interesting to compare to Stront, which probably had about a 1/3 of the initial views of Minty.

Obviously, Minty had a sweet spot coming after Dredd, and Dredd is the golden goose, but it's been interesting to compare the two, both in views, any mention of it on sites etc.

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 July, 2017, 10:45:21 AM
NECRO-POST

We just went past 700,000 views - which is nice.

What's funny is that bar the odd spike, it had settled down to <200 views a day, but since about a week before the Dredd TV series announcement it had been steadily climbed, and has been at 1,500-2000+ a day for a good while.

It's interesting to compare to Stront, which probably had about a 1/3 of the initial views of Minty.

Obviously, Minty had a sweet spot coming after Dredd, and Dredd is the golden goose, but it's been interesting to compare the two, both in views, any mention of it on sites etc.

I know I still watch it occasionally, and I always seem to notice new things each time (especially from the first few minutes).

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 08 July, 2017, 11:00:03 AM
I know I still watch it occasionally regularly,  and I always seem to notice new things each time (especially from the first few minutes).

Steve Green

Hah, cheers - yeah would be interesting to know what's multiple views, AFAIK if it's from the same IP it doesn't count repeat views.

I've no idea how accurate youtube's views are, (and not all people who view it are going to watch all of it (especially at 27m)

I'm sure they're better than facebook's fairytale numbers though.

Steve Green

Just had a clear out of behind the scenes videos and uploaded them onto the facebook page

Think they were mostly shot by John Burdis

https://www.facebook.com/JudgeMinty/

Colin YNWA

Oh that was great fun. Had such a laugh on the day so nice to see that footage.

Steve Green

Necro-necro-necro-post

Jon at finalboss asked us for an interview...

https://finalboss.io/judge-minty/

Bolt-01

Steve Green

Steve Green

Funny how these things pick up - both Minty and (more satisfyingly) Strontium Dog had a real bump in views in the last few days. I'm guessing some algorithm kicked in within youtube - I couldn't find any sign of it being mentioned explicitly anywhere.

Minty now at 913,000 and Strontium Dog at 120,000.

Nice that a few more people are finding it after so much time.